Chapter 19 Four Strangers

"What did Mrs Thompson want?" Asked Eliza me. We were currently making our way to Izzy's house. "What do you think?" She asked the exact same thing Chloe's gang asked ."

"What's wrong with that family?" Gwen asked, giving a disgusted look. "Who knows?" said Izzy, "They've always been like that since we've been kids."

"True" said Eliza, "They're family is starting to worry me though" Eliza said, now frowning, I put my hand on her shoulder, "Their not gonna try anything" I said smiling, "What are they gonna do?"

It took a bit, but Eliza smiled "Maybe" she mumbled.

For the rest of the walk, we talked more about Chloe's family. After an hour or so, I dropped off all the girls back to their houses and made my way back home.

~TIME SKIP~

"Hey Mum" I called out when I got home "I'm back!" "Hello dear" I heard mum call from the kitchen. I walked upstairs into my room and started doing my homework.

After half an hour, mum called me for dinner. I stopped my homework, put it aside and went downstairs. To my surprise, I found that Dad was sitting on the table, already eating tea.

"Hey dad" I said as I sat down at the table. Mum and dad looked at me stunned, but dad said:"Hey Sonya."

After dinner, I went back to my room and continued finishing my homework till it was done. Then I decided to watch a few more episodes of Pretty Little Liars on my laptop. Since it was Friday, I was able to stay up late to watch.

After a few hours of watching episodes, I paused my computer and decided to head to bed.

That night, I had a strange dream. It wasn't some weird one where nothing makes sense at all. No, this dream was... strange.

I dreamt that I was in this dark abyss. I was in a circle with four other girls. They defiantly weren't from school, as I've never seen them before. They all had different could red hair, just like me, well, at least I didn't feel like I stood out, they all did. One of the girls had scarlet red hair, while the others had blue,light pink and black could red hair. It felt like I was standing there for ages.

Then I noticed this woman wearing a cloak in the centre, it felt like she had appeared out of nowhere.It was hard to tell what she looked like because she had her back to me.But eventually, she turned to me.

She had grayish white hair and silvery eyes. It was easy to tell she was old. She slowly raised her hand, pointing at me with her wrinkled finger and spoke only a few words with a crackled voice:"Grim, He Hunts You!"

The second she spoke that one word was when I woke up in a gasp. I tried to calm myself down, but the woman's face burned in my mind. Get over yourself Sonya, it was just a dream!

I looked out my bedroom window, the sun was already rising. I wonder what time it is?

I looked at my bedside clock. It read eight-thirty. I Kaye's flat on my back again. Really? Was I asleep for that long?

I laid back for a bit, I wanna go back to sleep. Just as I was about to dose off, I suddenly remembered that prom was next week.

I smiled at the thought, and then I thought about how in a few weeks that graduation would soon come. Then school's over I thought, and then I never have to see Chloe or her friends ever again.

Finally, I got up and went downstairs. Surprisingly, I found Mum and dad talking in the kitchen talking. Maybe there talking about work I thought.

"Hey Mum, hey dad" I said, my voice was still groggy from just waking up. They both stopped talking to each other and looked at me. Mum gave a warm smile, as did dad but I would see the sweat on his forehead.

"Hey sweetie" Mum said, "Did you sleep in?" "Yeah, I guess I did" I said scratching the back of my neck. "Do you want me to make you breakfast?" she asked me, gesturing to the fridge.

"No, I'll make it myself" I said, now smiling. Mum nodded as she left the kitchen, leaving me and dad alone. "Do I want to know what you were talking about?" I asked as I went over to the fridge and opened it.

"Just discussing things" he said, giving a small smile. This was the first time, in a while that I saw dad smile.

"That's great dad" I said, grabbing the carton of milk, "I'm glad your working out things with Mum."

"Yeah" was all he said as he left the kitchen, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

After I ate my breakfast, I went back up to my room and got changed into a sky blue top and some shorts. Then, I headed back downstairs and went to the living room to watch TV.

At least half an hour of channel surfing, I turned the TV off. Nothing on I thought as I stared at the blank screen.

Maybe I should go out for a walk I thought, getting up from the couch. Yeah, I could go get some perfume for prom.

I went back upstairs and grabbed my purse from my room. Then I raced back downstairs and headed to the front door.

The moment I opened the front door, my worst nightmare came true when I saw my arch enemy and her friends standing on my front lawn.

Author's Note: Thanks you guys for reading chapter 19 of Cold Hearted. I hope you guys enjoyed. Please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Updates will come Every Saturday.

Also, thank you everyone for 300 reads! I can't thank you guys enough.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄