Chapter 26 Judgment Will Come

Oh god, oh god, oh god! I thought as I started to fall, Quickly my eyes darted to the railing and I shot my arms in a desperate attempt to stop myself from falling.

When I felt the railing, I instantly closed my eyes, expecting me to tumble down the stairs and plummet to my doom; but to my luck, it never came. Cautiously, I opened my eyes. I was standing on the steps, still gripping the railing.

I looked back up the stairs to see Chloe looking down at me, with her hands still out. "Go to hell!" I yelled angrily as I rushed down the stairs and headed back to the cafeteria. What the hell's her problem? I thought as I tried to find where the girls were sitting First she tries scaring me into not going to prom, then she tries to kill me, what the heck is her problem?

I was so angry that I completely forgot about the girls and lunch, I didn't really want to deal with them right now. So, I decided to go eat my lunch near the lockers, I just felt that I needed to be by myself for a while.

After I finished my lunch, I got a text from Eliza. Where are you? You didn't meet us at lunch, what happened? I texted back: Something happened, I'll tell you after school. Eliza texted me back: Ok

After I finished putting my phone away, I got up and went into the lockers to grab my stuff for my final lesson. As I was grabbing my stuff, the warning bell and students began to come to grab their stuff for their classes.

The next class I had was Science, but I barley paid any attention to anything, I was still mad about what happened at lunch. I just felt like I was going to explode. When the home time bell rang, I quickly rushed out the class and ran straight to my locker, for some reason I had the crazy urge to confront mum about the whole pressing charges thing.

Quickly, I rushed over to where the bus was parked and hopped on I was actually one of the first kids that got on. I waited a few minutes for Gwen to get on. "Hey you ok?" She asked me as she sat down next to me, "Yeah just something that happened at lunch" I explained.

"Let me guess" Gwen said "It has something to do with Chloe."I nodded, Gwen let out a sigh "What did she do this time?" "She tried to kill me" I said bluntly. Gwen's jaw dropped "What?!" She exclaimed, making some of the kids suddenly look at us. "Sshh" I half whispered half yelled. "Sorry" she said lowering her voice.

"She tried to kill you?" She asked "How?" I let out a sigh "She called me up to the rooftop and threatened me again" I explained "Then when I tried to leave, she tried to push me down the stairs."

Gwen's jaw dropped even further, if it could go any further, then she suddenly got and angry look "That physco!" She exclaimed quietly, "What the hells her problem?"

"I don't know" I said looking towards the window "Who knows what's wrong with her. We didn't say anything else till the bus started to slow down as we approached my stop.

"I'll see ya later" I said as I stood up from my seat, "See ya" she said, kinda sadly. As I begin walking to the front of the bus I heard Gwen call out "Be careful" I looked back to her and nodded as I got off the bus.

I'm gonna ask mum about this when I get home I thought as I began walking towards the house. When I got home, I went upstairs and threw my bag in my room. "Mum!" I called out as I went back downstairs "Are you home?"

"In the kitchen!" a voice called, I quickly rushed towards the kitchen to find Mum washing the dishes. "Hey honey" she said, looking at me "How was school?" "When did you press charges on Chloe?" I asked, crossing my hands.

Mum's face suddenly dropped, "So you heard about that" she said sadly, "When did this happen mum?" I asked her, "It's been going around the school all day." Mum dropped one of the dishes she was cleaning and let it sink to the bottom of the sink.

"News travels fast huh" she said sort of chuckling, then she turned to me. "Me and your dad have been thinking about this for a few days, We felt it was only fair that we pressed charges on Scott and Chloe" she explained.

"Well when's the court trial or whatever it is?" I asked her, now putting my hands to my side, "2 months" Mum said "Maybe more." "Whatever" I said as I turned and left the kitchen. I went back up to my room and read a few books until Mum called me back down a few hours later.

"Dinner's ready" she called just as I was finishing my book. I placed it down on my bedside table and went back downstairs to the dinning room. For once, dad was actually at dinner this time. I ate silently while mum and dad talked about how work was going and how each other's day was going.

After I finished my dinner, I quickly excused myself from the table and went back up to my room. I quickly finished reading my book and decided to go on my laptop. Just as it was booting up, Mum came into my room.

"You ok sweetie" she asked me from the archway "Yeah I'm fine" I said looking over my shoulder. "Look, I'm sorry about the whole pressing charges thing" Mum said, sadly, "No Mum, It's fine really" I said comforting her. "Ok" she said starting to turn away "Just get a good nights rest." She left.

I let out a sigh as I pushed my laptop screen down. Then I got up, changed into my pjs and went to bed. Just as I was getting into bed, it hit me what Mum was talking about. Prom was tomorrow! I looked over to where my dress was hanging in my closet.

I smiled a little as I began to fall asleep. Little did I know, that Everything that had happened during that last two weeks was leading to Prom.

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for reading Chapter 26 of Cold Hearted, I hope you guys enjoyed. If you did, please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter.

Updates come out every Saturday.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄