30

unexpectedly, something had sprung of that meeting.
something neither of them knew they had within each other–to think they had only been acquaintances.

gossip also sprung on this; wafting from classroom to classroom, person to person, criticising and analysing till their hearts content. Being homosexual wasn't considered a good thing–despite it being the only thing that hoseok and taehyung had in common. therefore they shared that same forbidden passion for each other.

it was a dull, dark and dreary autumn morning. dead leaves dispersed around the sidewalk on which they were walking along, the distance between them non-existent.
he had his arm around her shoulders and she dreamily eyed him in awe.

"disgusting scum."

it was simple but effective–the close sound that came from a few steps ahead of them had caught their attention.
two boys, and a girl.
two familiar-looking boys, and an obnoxiously familiar-looking girl.

the girl was fake-gagging whilst pointing at the two boys, blocking them from advancing in their paths.

"j-just please move." hoseok asked politely.

hoseok?

soojeong took long strides towards the scene, hand still enclosed in jungkook's, dragging him along with her.

"shut up, fruitcake." the girl retorted nastily, and spit on the ground in a despicable manner.

hoseok tugged on taehyung's sweater; a subtle call of fear, for help. taehyung stepped forward, seeming intimidating but masking his fright with a stern expression.

"you're so weak, you're just a bunch of gaybo-"

"piss off, why don't you." a voice spoke out; a voice which said words that seemed to not suit the particular voice.

jungkook was towering over the girl–she became as weak as ever.

"j-jeon jung-"

"correct. now leave."

she immediately did, no apologies mentioned.

"w-why did you do that?" taehyung croaked, his throat dry.

jungkook turned to him and grinned.

"because it was wrong. really wrong."

"but i've been such a dick to you." taehyung said, insufferably looking at him.

jungkook put a hand on his shoulder.

"what this is, is beautiful and normal. it should never be made fun of; love is love. it's not a choice, it's something you were born as and can't change. being made fun of because of it is unfair. you are what you are and you should love it." he stared deep into his eyes, persuading him to absorb his words carefully.

taehyung couldn't help but shed a droplet of a tear.

hoseok embraced him tightly, lovingly; a couple sharp emotions stinging his own eyes.

"thank you, jungkook."

he nodded and left them there, his hand in his girlfriend's once again.

soojeong could've cried at that moment, but decided it best not to as jungkook would've probably followed; a painful sight in her mind.

it was his stop.
jungkook turned to her
and she pecked him on the cheek–several times.

his face was utterly pink,
but he didn't object whatsoever.

they studied each other up close, and she did the unimaginable.

"i love you." she whispered in a low hush; he heard with attentive ears.
soojeong delivered a powerful kiss to his soft lips, holding his face gently in the palm of a hand, his eyes shut gracefully in a too wondrous, inexplicable feeling.

they parted ways,
and ultimately,
she learned to love.

the end.