Trebles and Bellas

Johnson Kane POV

Upon my arrival, I navigate the overflowing car park at Barden University and, after scoring a spot, approach the one of the collegiate acapella managers. A job taken extremely seriously, almost too seriously.
"Hello." I pause. I think really hard but cannot seem to remember his name.
"Hello there, Mr Kane, lovely day isn't it?" Asks he, whose name is unknown.
"Yes." I say. Upon examining the sky, the sun temporarily blinds me.
Following my stellar first impression, I ask where to find the Treblemakers.
He directs me to a large hall. As I enter, three guys greet me.
"You must be Josh, our choreographer." says one, holding out his hand for me to shake. He continues to speak as I greet him. "It's new for us to have a choreographer."
"Nice to meet you! I'm Johnson, and you are?" I ask.
"I'm Jesse Swanson, this is Benji, Donald .."
Introductions cease when they trail off talking about a YouTube video. I have a feeling that if they are this distracted, it will be a long year.

Joanna Price POV
I'm at Starbucks and I'm supposed to meet my 'competition', if you call this competitive. Choreographer for a college acapella group? Not exactly something you want to announce or explain.
Who I assume is my competition shows up, and he's not too bad. I hiss at myself to get it together, even though I inhale the sweet smell of his cologne and I must say, this man smells GOOD.

"I'm Joanna, you must be Johnson?" He shakes my hand and begins to speak.
"Yep, that's me. Also, I'm not gay if you were wondering" he says looking blankly at me, as if I've annoyed him somehow.
"Why would I think that?" I ask, trying to hide my awkward smile. I fail at this attempt.
"Well, dancing, leggings, dramatic flair.." he pauses, half-grimacing. ".. not entirely on the home page for straight guys." He flashes a toothy grin. I like his energy.
"I see, said the blind man." We both chuckle at my sore attempt at a joke. We sit down as we begin to admire the wonderful tar road and overflowing bins that occupy our view. A waiter approaches and asks us what we would like, notepad and pen in hand.
"Flat white with one sugar." we said simultaneously. "With milk" we say in unison. Wow that was weird! His expression is confused, his eyes slightly squinting and his mouth slightly open as if to symbolise that he is speechless. As am I.
I grab my drink and leave a 20 on the table, announcing I needed to head off. I didn't want to continue that uncomfortable interaction.
I approach a man who I believe is one of the 'collegiate acapella' managers. I awkwardly inquire about the whereabouts of the Barden Bellas.
"Just over here." he says, gesturing to a small brick building. I walk in to see a group of young girls performing an acapella to 'Anything Could Happen' by Ellie Goulding. I don't know if I mentioned, but I dabble in siging. I join in where I can, trying to be as subtle as possible.
--Anything could happen
Anything could happen
Anything could ooh ooh ooh ooh oohoo-
"Hey! Are you Joanna?" says one, making abrupt silence echo throughout the room.
"That's me!" I say while a redhead greets me with a warm hug. "You girls sound amazing."
"Thanks!" says one. "I'm Beca."
"I'm Stacie Conrad." says a tall girl. I guess they're all introducing themselves.
"I'm Cynthia-Rose Adams."
"I'm Fat Patricia, but you can call me Patricia. Formerly Amy." she shoots a wary gaze at her peers, her Australian accent thick in her statement.
"I'm Aubrey Posen."
"I'm Chloe Beale." says the redhead who hugged me. She has a certain positivity around her. Always smiling.
"We did have a few girls drop out, so our numbers are lower than last year." Beca explains.
"Yeah, so I just met the Treblemaker's choreographer" I say. Chloe's eyes light up.
"Ooo, is he cute?" Chloe asks, raising her eyebrows up and down.
"Cute?" I scoff. "Doesn't really grasp it." I feel myself blushing as I look down and smile.
"So ladies, tomorrow we have auditions for new Bella members, and we need at least four to make a decent sized group, but six more would be perfect." Beca explains. No one really acknowledges what I said about Johnson. Not going to lie, I'm glad they didn't. If I ignore whatever just happened, it will go away.