Auditions + Awkwardness

Joanna POV

"Okay, so if it's cool I'm gonna hang around tomorrow for the auditions." I announce. I silently pray no one brings up Johnson.
"Yeah! That's awesome." Chloe enthuses. 
"You're a good singer as well as a choreographer, that's a bonus." Aubrey says.
"Well, I grew up singing and dancing. I've been dancing since I was three, and my voice? I get that from my momma." I say. Tell them your life story, as if they care. I chuckle to myself.
"Yeah, we are doing Anything Could Happen for the Fall Mixer." Beca says looking for approval.
"Sounds great. Fall Mixer?" I inquire. 
"Sigma Beta Theta's Annual Fall Mixer" Aubrey snaps, almost shocked by my clueless-ness.
"That didn't help at all but alright." My eyes make their way to Beca's. "Bit awkward?" She chuckles. Her chuckle puts me at ease, confirming that I'm not strange for not knowing what Aubrey was snapping about.
"There is less stress this year because last year we had to orchestrate our own choreography." Aubrey says, but it sounds more like a question.
I glance at my phone,  suddenly remembering I have dinner at my parent's house tonight. I apologise for the rushed exit, ensuring to ask what time auditions are.
"11am" they chorus.
"Ohk, see you then" I say rushing out to my car. 

Dinner with my parents was the usual, no need to dwell.

NEXT DAY (AT BARDEN)

Beca POV

"Hey Joanna!" I yell waving. She looks around confused and then runs over to me before I show her the way to auditions.
"Hey Beca." she greets as we walk rather quickly.
"There's five minutes until auditions." I say "You can sit with us at the fancy judge desk."
We both sit down as the Trebles walk in. Joy.
"Late as usual" says Trisha (Fat Patricia) states. Always has to say something.
"Fashionably." Donald says.
"*buzzer sound* wrong!" yells Bumper. "Aren't we egotistical big-headed garbage dirtballs?"
"Precisely." says Aubrey, proudly accepting the title she once created.
"*clears throat* Everybody! Silence!" says Tommy "Bellas! What is the song?"
"Alright nerds, let's go with, We Came To Smash, Martin Solveig."
"Okay Justin, belly roll." Tommy says. Justin slaps his stomach rapidly.
"First up!" Justin yells as they walk off the stage. First out is my best friend. My twin sister Daniella.
"Dani!" I say "I didn't know you were auditioning." Tommy shooshes me. Dani and I nearly have almost identical voices, being identical twins can do that to you. 
------ You clap your hands, you're turning heads
Jumping ship, jumping on my bed
You're ..into my room ..the way the night
I turned off my light, I turned off my light.
So watch me baby follow me lead
Taking ..take what you need
You came to smash it all,
What we got to lose
In the black tuxedo and shining shoes. -----

Everybody smiles and claps as Dani walks off the stage. I'm so proud of her, in an older sister way. I am two minutes older, after all.
Next out walks a short guy, and he's adorable. Like a baby.
"Hello." he says, Fat Patricia obviously identifies with his accent.
"AUSSIE!" She hollers.
"I am Paul Poste-Applebaum and I'm Benji's half brother." Paul says.
He sings and everyone is left speechless. He's great!
Next one out, a tall girl dressed in a red singlet top and dark blue denim shorts.
"Hey I'm Gemma Posen." She announces.
"This is my sister." Aubrey says, disinterest floods her voice.
After her performance, it's clear she can sing. Better than Aubrey, too.
"Good try, Gem. Off you go." Aubrey says. Gemma smiles and walks off the stage.
A short girl strides out.
"Hi I'm Erin."
"This is my little sister." Chloe says poking her tongue out at Erin. 
"Classic." says Donald
All these great voices is going to make for a difficult decision.
A brunette girl walks out, her stomach flashed out the bottom of her shirt and her heavy heels clunking on the floor.
"Hello everybody, I am Nicole Conrad and my hobbies include skinny dipping and modelling for swimwear." the girl says smiling.
"It's my sister." Stacie whispers. Is she scared she will hear? No one knows. What I do know is that her 'style' is going to need to be toned down. Can't have her walking around showing more skin than a cooked chicken.
Next steps out a girl, tanned with a kind energy about her.
"I'm Sophie, Josh's twin and Benji's half sister, can I start?" she says nervously, a British accent occupying her statement. The way she introduces herself shows her insecurity, painting her identity with that of others and not herself.
"Go ahead." Aubrey sounds disinterested. 
She is really good, but she seems really shy. Hopefully it's just the situation she's in that's making her hold back. Before the next person can even walk on the stage my dad barges through the door.
"The collegiate acapella man, John Smith, said the Barden Bellas can have 6 more members."
"What about the Trebles?" I ask.
"9."
"Okay, thanks, you can leave now." I say, my eyes on the door and nothing else.
"See ya Bec." he says.
My cheeks feel on fire. I hate feeling embarrassed.
"Next!" Aubrey says trying to move things along. She wants this to be over. I kind of do too.
The next girl walks happily onto the stage.
"I'm Jenna Adams." says the happy girl.
"Oh! She's Cynthia's sister!" Chloe exclaims.
"Loud and Proud miss obvious." Cynthia says, muttering damn underneath her sigh.
After we laugh, Jenna starts to sing.
"Wow! She's fantastic." Chloe whispers.
I nod enthusiastically.
When Jenna is finished, another guy walks in. 
"I'm Josso Allen, I'm Bumper's younger brother."
"ASSHAT." yells Bumper.
"You can stop boasting about yourself, Bumper." Josso says.
"Buuuuurn." Says Trisha
"Sing please." Aubrey says. She must have something on today. I mean, why else would she be this impatient.
"God! He's 100 times better than Bumper!" Aubrey says after Josso walks off the stage.
After 11 more underwhelming Treble's auditions and a sprinkle of unbearable aspiring Bellas, that part of my day is finished.
We got together after auditions with Joanna and we had no choice as there were only six good singers. We put in our form and the next day we met the girls more formally.
"Now in the Collegiate Acapella group of Barden Bellas is Daniella Mitchell, Gemma Posen, Erin Beale, Jenna Adams, Nicole Conrad and Sophie Poste-Applebaum" Aubrey says "Joining with Aubrey Posen, Beca Mitchell, Chloe Beale, Cynthia-Rose Adams, Fat Patricia, Stacie Conrad and our new choreographer, Joanna Price."
"You are all ACA BITCHES now!" I yell. Everyone laughs and Chloe breaks the silence.
"Now girls, for Sigma Beta Theta's Annual Fall Mixer, we are singing Anything Could Happen, Ellie Goulding." Chloe says handing out the lyric sheets. Stacie follows handing the 'traditional' Barden Bellas ribbons.
"Now, Aubrey, there is no silly oath this year. So girls you can have 'sexual relations' with anybody you want." Chloe says, earning a laugh from all of us.