Jeca. It Must Be Great.

Beca POV

"Jesse! Have you gone yet?" I yell from the top of the stairs.

"No, I'm still here!"

"Can you drive me to my job interview? I only just realized that it's on today."

"Jump in the car I'll be out in a sec, here's the keys." He says, chucking me the keys as I jog down the stairs, holding my boots in the other hand.

"How long do you have?" Jesse asks as we both hop into the car.

"Uh, I have half an hour tops. Where did you say you worked again?"

"I'm the assistant chef at a lunch to dinner restaurant. It's on 90, right there." Jesse explains, pointing to the spot on my phone map.

"Oh look, the building is right at the end of the street, only a few minutes!" I exclaim. Jesse gives me a weird look and I punch his arm playfully. He starts up the engine and drives out of the driveway.

"So what is the job?" Jesse asks me.

"Hooters."

"What?"

"Nothing..."

"But seriously, what is the job?"

"You're looking at the could-be future head of music on most radio and T.V. shows. It's really huge and I don't wanna blow it. I've made like a thousand different mash ups and remixes. I'm super worried."

"Beca, you'll be great! It doesn't matter if you don't get this one. I'm sure word will get about you and you'll start getting job offers everywhere."

"I'm one of like 10 people that actually got the offer to give them a few samples. I think that they will have a few people. But I'm like the best DJ I know. I just hope this could lead me onto being a music producer. But if not, I'm pretty sure I can stick with this." I say before chuckling. I start to drift off into a daydream about what life would be like being a music producer. All the publicity would probably be a downer. But if you look at the positives, I could have a nice house, steady income, stable life money-wise. I just hope Jesse wouldn't mind being in that kind of environment. I've heard that it is super-stressful being constantly in the spotlight. And what happens when they hear me sing? They won't leave me alone haha!

"And we're here." Jesse says pulling up. 

"Oh, cool." I say and it echoes in my head. "Well, I'm, uh, gonna go." I peck Jesse's lips and he puts his hand on the back of my head, as if to pull me in for more. I jolt back and he looks at me like 'wtf'?

"I didn't expect that hand." I say awkwardly.

"Just go, I'll text you later." Wow. He looks angry. I grab my laptop, headphones and boots and jump out of the car, only to start sobbing. I wipe away the tears and put my boots on. Walking into the building, a woman asks me what my business is to be here.

"I have a job thing, for the music production."

"What floor?"

"I thought that's what you were gonna tell me."

"Well, it's floor 11. Maybe write it down next time so you can be organised and not inconvenience people with your unorganisedness!"

Wow, somebody's time of the month. I walk to the elevator and press '11'. I put my headphones around my neck and fix my hair and shirt. The door opens and the elevator dings.

"Becky the intern, look where you ended up!" Luke says as he recognises my face.

"Hey abs."

"Wot?"

"Nothing."

"Well, I need to you answer a few simple questions. Here." He says handing me an A4 sheet with a few questions on it. I snatch the pen from his hand and speed through the questions.

"So whats songs have you remixed?"

"The requested ones, so Bulletproof and Shake That."

"What about mash ups, or whatever you call them?"

"Bulletproof with Shake That and Where is the Love. I've also just got a few samples of Wake Me Up with Bulletproof."

I continue explaining them to him and my the end he looks horrified.

"That's amazing Becky. I think you've just earned yourself a job!"

"Oh, really? You're serious?"

"Absolutely! But you won't be able to do it all on your own, so I suggest a partner, maybe someone in your household."

"Would it be wrong to choose my boyfriend?"

"Is he any good with soundtracks and movies and T.V. shows?"

"Yea, that is basically what he wants to do with his life."

"I don't see a problem then." I run up and hug Luke. I give him a crazy weird smile and grab my phone. My excitement soon dies down after I remember what happened in the car earlier with Jesse. I plunk down in my chair and rest my head in my hands.

Jesse POV

"Swanson! Cook!"

"I'm busy doing this Chef!" I retalliate.

"I can't take it anymore! Mr Swanson, you're terrible at this job! You're fired!!! Out now!!"

I've never been fired before. It's a horrible feeling. It's like a punch in the face.

"OUT NOW!" Chef yells once again.

"I'm out!" I say giving him my apron and getting out my phone. Just as I go to text Beca, I remember what happened in the car this morning. I'll just wait. No, I won't.

J- do you need a ride home??

B- Yea, I have some news.

I don't know if that means good or bad.

J- I'll be there in a few minutes.

I get in my car and slowly drive to the building I dropped Beca off at, earning a few horn beeps. I see her walking out of the building laughing with that english dude Luke. I jump out of my silver Nissan Dualis and march to them.

"How did it go?" I ask her, putting my arm around her and pulling her towards the car.

"I'll tell you in the car, but Luke is my boss again, how weird?"

"Yea, insanity." I reply with annoyance.

"Oh, come on Jesse. You really don't think I would actually fool around with Luke, do you? I've been cheated on twice, once Chloe and once my high school boyfriend, I hate the feeling and I hope you know I would never put you through that."

"That sounds promising."

"Plus, Luke is the guy Chloe has her eye on."

"Oh." I simply reply, us both getting into the car.

"So the job?" I ask.

"Yep."

"Yep what?"

"I didn't just get it. I got the chance to workk with a partner. How would you like to begin your dream job tomorrow afternoon?"

"Wow, you chose me? I'm honoured! And, you're gonna laugh-"

"What am I going to laugh at?"

"I, uhm, I got fired."

She doesn't laugh.

"Why?"

"Because I was busy making chicken stir fry for the nastiest customers and he kept pushing me onto every task and in the end I said that I was busy doing this and he said that I am terrible at my job and that I'm fired."

"Intense. At least I'm the best DJ and got you your dream job."

"What job did you get me exactly?"

"Music selector for new release movies. I think you do TV shows as well but I can't be super sure."

"Are you serious Beca?! That's amazing!" I say/yell.

"Yea it is!"