3. School, Cops, and Goodbyes

Chapter 3

Playlist-

Ready, Aim, FIre- Imagine Dragons

Hey Brother- Avicii 

I slept uncomfortable that night. My loud thoughts kept me awake. 

The next morning, the sun came crackling through my curtains, I got up and looked outside. It was a gorgeous day.

I put on a loose grey t shirt and boyfriend jeans with some black converse. I went and braided my hair down the back, and put my contacts in. I covered up my slighty black eye, and worked on putting makeup on my face so I would be unrecognizable. I slipped on some glasses, and made breakfast for my brother.

"Kylie, why do you look prettier at night then you do when you go to school?" Ace asked, eating his pancakes.

I thought about it. I didn't know how to answer this one. "Well Ace, if I show up looking like myself at school, everyone would hate me."

"Doesn't everyone hate you already?" he asked innocently.

"No Ace, they just don't know me. Sometimes it's good to stay in the shadows."

"Oh."

"Well hurry on up. I can't miss the bus and you've got to go over to Caleb's"

He finished his meal, and headed over to his friend's place. I looked at myself in the mirror. What would life be like if I were normal. I wouoldn't have to cover my face up. I could show people my eyes. I could have lots of friends. Boyfriends even. I could be like Savannah, the prettiest girl in school and still manages to have a kind heart.

But that's the person I'll never be.

I got on the ugly yellow school bus and took my place in the very back. No one really goes there. They sit in the back, but they never go in the last seat. Because they know I, the quiet girl, always sits there.

"Hey, did you hear about Taylor's new boyfriend?" a high pitched voice shrieked. I stared out the window, blocking them out.

We finally arrived to hell, a.k.a, Maxwell High.

I grabbed my backpack and tried to quickly get off the school bus. I ran inside the building and got my books out my locker. By my locker, a couple were standing close talking to each other.

It was Savannah and Oliver. Oliver's that cliche white boy, that you see in all those books and movies. Except he's not cocky, nor arrogant. He was actually a sweetheart.

"Hey Kylie," they said in unison. They've tried all year to be friends with me. It just wasn't happening.

I nodded and carried my way onward.

I walked into my homeroom class and took a seat. I pulled out a book and started reading.

Except I don't read regular books. I read books on fighting techniques, but I replaced the covers with some YA novel ones.

"Hey nerd, whatcha reading?" a deep voice asked.

I looked up into the hazel eyes of Zander. The bully of our school. Honestly, I could probably knock him out in a heartbeat.

"Nothing you should worry about," I said back, sinking into my seat. Why can't everyone just let me be.

"You know who you remind me of? This street fighter. Her name's Scarlett. You kinda look like her. Except she's 100x hotter and has the body of a goddess."

Oh shit he knows about Scar.

"That's nice."

"I have a fight with her tonight."