17. City of Angels

CIty of Angels- 30 Seconds to Mars 

He looked around and pointed to the left corner. I shot it quickly before turning back to a quivering Mr. Summers.

I looked at him pleadingly. I was almost desperate at this point.

Almost.

He sighed before taking a seat at the kitchen table, still shaking. "I want the entire story from the moment you met Tyson to the call that he made to you last night." I tell him, setting the gun down. He takes a sigh, letting go of his nervous exterior and putting on a highly stressed on that made him age about 10 years.

"I have a daughter, as you must know. She's around 8. Was taken a month or so ago. I was desperate for her, calling up search parties every night, until Tyson approached me one night. We went out for a drink when he told me he had my daughter. I shouldv'e hit him, or done something, but I sat there. He said he wouldn't harm her if I took a trip to Cali and did exactly what he asked.

So I did. He told me to get a bodyguard. I took Austin, because he wanted to see the "waves." He told me your location and everything, and I went to get you. He told me you would probably reject me, but he had a plan.

You rejected me and I flew back to New York a few days later, anxious for what would happen. You called a bit later and I knew he managed to do it. I liked you. You had this spunk and you made the boys happy. Then he told me that I needed to trap you so he could get to you. I was extremely hesitant, but you disappeared before I could make up my mind.

He told me tonight that he had you, and that I would get my daughter back. I was relieved, but guilt coated me. I just gave an innocent teenager to a criminal.." he told me. It took me a while to process, but I finally did, and I cut him off.

"I'm not innocent. You know I'm a street fighter," I tell him. He nods.

"I know Scarlett. But you're a good person. I see it." he tells me. I nod. He was just a stressed out dad looking for his daughter. I understood where he was coming from. I stood up, heading upstairs.

"Where are you going?" he asked confused. I sighed before turning around.

"Away. This may be the last time you see me. I'll ensure your daughter gets back home, but I'm not putting you or your family in risk of any more danger. I wish you all luck. This is my mess. I'm going to handle it if I die trying." I tell him. He looks like he was about to object, but nods, and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Take care Scarlett." he tells me before walking out the door.

♤♧♡♢

I didn't really want much luggage so I dressed in a black tee shirt, jeans, and my leather jacket with my messenger back slung across me. I was walking downtown for the last time, with a plane ticket to LA in my hand. I had to take care of Ace. He was my first priority.

I looked at the city. It was gorgeous. I would miss it.

I was suddenly slammed against the wall. I cringed, knocking my ankle against the brick wall. I looked up and I saw him.

Creepy Biology guy.

He stared at me intensely. I was confused as he dragged be to the clothing boutique we were closest too.

"What do you want? And who are you?" I hissed, looking around, making sure no one paid any attention to us. He sighed.

"Hey sis." he says softly. I began to freak out a little, but kept it to a minimum.

"What do you mean by sis?" I ask him, holding my breath.

"I mean, we," he gestered to him and myself, "are siblings."