6. Gyms, Coffee, and More Friends

Charlie Brown-Coldplay

Runaway- Linkin Park 

"Woah." I said as we stood outside his apartment.

"Yeah it's nice, right? Guess what floor I live on?"

"The penthouse?" I guessed.

"Yup," he said smugly.

I had to admit, it was grand. I wasn't really expecting the perfect Manhattan apartment there it was. "Aren't you lucky to have me," he throws an arm carelessly around my shoulder.

"Don't get too cocky," I said, throwing his arm off, and entering through the flawless glass doors.

"Ahh, Aaron, back from your trip so soon? And without your fiance?" the doorman asked. He was around Wren's age.

"Aaron?" I said, confused.

"Yeah, that's my real name. I like Wren better. It fits me more. Aaron sounds like the name of a baseball player or some athletic guy and lord knows I'm not one." he replies, shrugging his shoulders.

"You didn't even tell her your real name? She's quite a catch though, the prettiest of all the girls you've been with. How much is she charging?" the doorman asked with a smirk.

"Shut it cockface," I said pushing him against the wall. "I'm not a hooker. Bitch."

"Woah Scarlett, let him go. He's cool."

I glared at the doorman a split second more, the dropped him. He looked at me then went to straighten up his shirt.

"Feisty. I like it. What happened to Izzy, Wren?" he asked. Izzy must be his ex-fiance.

"She cheated on me," he casually lied, "And then I laid eyes on Scarlett here. It was love at first sight," he finished smiling. I had an urge to tackle him, but it's okay Scar. He's letting you live with him. It's okay.

"Scarlett," I stuck my hand out a bit too sharply, be he didn't seem to mind.

"Ian." he said, smiling wide. I had the need to punch him. Crap, I missed my fight. I need to go to a gym.

"Hey Wren, I have to go somewhere. Can I get changed?"

"Yeah, come on let's go upstairs. Bye Ian."

"Bye Andrew. Scarlett." he said waving. We took an elevator to the top. He typed a passcode, and we entered the penthouse.

"Here it is, with all it's glory." Wren, says as we entered.

"Woah." It was gorgeous. Everything was pretty and open. The living room was cozy, and large. The kitchen was crystal clean, and had white and deep mahogany cabinets. There was a couch, a love seat, and a recliner that looked so comfortable.

"Here, let me show you to your room and you can get changed. I'm so excited. We're going on a shopping spree, okay? What's your style?"

"Ummm.." I said. I didn't know what my style was.

"Well, considering you're a street fighter, and you look like you like wearing black, I'm thinking edgy, yet simply and comfortable. How about it? I can add a few girly things but not really too girlie, you know what I mean? Oh I'm so excited."

"Sure, that sounds great. I really don't have that much money."

"It's fine, don't worry, you'll pay me back eventually. We can go on Saturday, okay?"

"That's not necessary.."

"No, I'm rich, and I've donated plenty. It's time for me to have fun. Now I have some errands to run, I'll get you the address and directions to the gym, and here's the pin so you can get to the penthouse whenever. Here's your room!" he yells, pushing a door open. It was utterly gorgeous. The curtains were a mint green and behind it was an incredible view of Manhattan. The bed was a perfect white color, and there was a mahogany desk, a few cabinets, and full length mirror, and an empty closet.