11. Private School Air

"You must be from Pearl Harbor, cause baby you're the bomb!" a guy said to Amanda. She looked at me frightened. I rolled my eyes.

"That was the shittiest pick up line I've heard today. She's not interested. Bye!" I dragged Amanda away, as she gripped a few shopping bags in her hand. I was empty handed, because I didn't really need anything, and I was broke anyway. I never really had a passion for spending.

"So. How's life on the other side?" I asked as she giggled.

"It's funny. You're the first actual friend that has bothered to have fun with me," she commented.

"Well, don't I feel special?" I said, as we walked down the streets on Manhattan. We passed by a blonde lady with a camera around her neck and forms in her hand, who waved us over.

"Might I just say, you girls are just absolute perfection! I'm Greta, model recruiter, and we are looking for models for our new bohemian line, which I think you are the perfect fit for," she says to Amanda, then turns to me and says, "You're just absolutely perfect for the edgy line we're about to come out with. You and your eyes are just so stunning and unique!" She says with a wide smile. I never thought it'd be possible to smile that wide. Amanda began to turn red. This was a perfect opportunity for her.

"You should do it Amanda," I told her. She looked at me with wide eyes, and shook her head. "Come on, this would be so much fun!"

"Only if you do it with me," she says. Ooh.

"Modeling's not really my thing, but I'll come with you, no worries." I told her, trying to convince her. She finally gave in, and the woman grinned.

"How about you?" she asked me. I shook my head. I wasn't really model material. Amanda gave the woman her information, and she took a few shots of Amanda, and a couple of me for some odd reason and we left.

"I'm gonna be a model? I never thought I'd be a model," she says. I smiled. She was just bursting with excitement. I laughed as we talked and walked all the way back to the house. She and Brent left and I was left with Elliot, Austin, and Nixon. Their parents were out at the moment.

"Can you cook?" Nixon asked. I nodded. It was 7:00. and even though I wasn't hungry, I still made a small dinner.

"This is really good," Austin said, digging into the spagetti. My heart broke when I realized that I always made Ace spagetti. I have to call him later tonight.

"Are you a virgin?" Nixon asked. I stopped.

"What?"

"Are you?"

"Not answering."

"So, which one of us is the hottest?" Nixon asked. I gave him a glare. "I mean, we're pretty good looking guys, and you're a really hot girl, so you should be attracted to one of us at the least.." he says. Austin and Elliot look at him weirdly, and stopped chewing, awaiting my answer. I shook my head.

"No, I'm not answering that question." I told them.

"Come one, I know you have to have gone out with like a million guys."

"I've never had a boyfriend." Forks were dropped after that statement.

"What?"

"But?"

"At least that answers the virgin question." Nixon muttered.

"I have bigger problems than relationships." I said. They still stared at me.

"How many guys have you rejected, damn?" Nixon asked.

"Umm. I don't know. A lot I guess."

"What do you mean by a lot?" Nixon said.