7. Bipolar

The Ballad of Mona Lisa- Panic! at the Disco

I walked down the streets of Manhattan, enjoying the view, and finishing my slightly cooled coffee.

"I'M LOOKING FOR A PRETTY GIRL WITH PURPLE EYES. SHE RAN AWAY FROM ME. I LOVE HER SO MUCH, PLEASE HELP ME FIND HER! SHE HAS A FEW ISSUES, AND I CAN'T LET HER HURT HERSELF!" a loud voice called out. I spit my coffee out and turned in complete horror. There, across the street, in front of a crowd of people, was a screaming Wren, and a confused looking Brent. Oh gosh. I turned the other direction, and started speeding away.

"There she is!" a lady called out. Crap. I started sprinting.

"SCARLETT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" Wren called after me. He should be an actor or something I swear. He's just having too much fun with this. I saw Brent trying to catch up with him.

It was kinda like a cliche movie scene, with me running through the streets and someone chasing me. Wait, why was I running? I stopped abruptly and Wren crashed into me followed by Brent. Luckily, I was like a steel wall, so as they came tumbling down, I stayed upright.

This feels like deja vu.

"Scarlett, thank goodness I found you, I don't know what I would do without you," he said hugging me. I stiffened up.

"You would live normally..." I said trailing off," and why did you just do all that?"

"I needed more action in my life. That was a ton of fun, right Brent?"

He looked around, with his hair ruffled, and clothes wrinkled. "What's going on?"

"This idiot just wanted to be the center of attention for once," I said, rolling my eyes.

"So wait.... You guys aren't dating?"

"All that, and all you care about is if Scarlett is single? Goddang, I thought we had something," Wren feigned hurt, and put a hand over his heart. Brent looks back and forth at the both of us.

"Is this like a dream or some shit like that?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"No. Wren over here is gay and I'm his fake girlfriend. He likes to have drama in his life, so he caused all that, and I'm not really sure why you followed him everywhere." I said staring at him.

"Umm. Well. I had nothing better to do I guess."

"Really? Nothing better to do than follow this idiot around trying to find his fake girlfriend?" I said.

He blushed. "I don't live the most exciting life."

"Scarlett here sure does," Wren chuckled. Then he looked at me wide eyes and covered his mouth.

Too bad I already punched him in the stomach.

"GAHHHH," he said, wheezing. "THAT WASN'T NECESSARY!" he yelled. I ignored him.

"We," I motioned to Wren and I, "Need to go home."

"You guys live together?" he asked confused. Okay, I'm done with the questions. And I'm kinda irritated.

"Goodbye," I said, and dragged Wren back to the apartment.

"Well, that was exciting.." he said.

"One week. That's all I'm here for, okay?"

"You know you can stay longer..."

"I have to get a job and get settled here. I'm on the run Wren. I can't live an easy life, and honestly, this is too easy. I'm really lucky. And I can't risk something happening to you."