4. Airplanes are horrible

Playlist-

Up in the Air- 30 Seconds to Mars

Living on a Prayer- Bon Jovi

My Nike duffle bag was clutched in my hand tightly. I was still wearing my gloves, so I didn't leave a mark on my hand.

I looked at the line for baggage and decided against it. I could carry my duffle bag on.

I walked into the line for the escalator up. Even at 10 in the evening, it was hectic in here. Flight 109 my ticket read. To New York. I could have new start.

But nothing really matters to me if it doesn't include my brother. I made my way to the place where they pat you down and scan your things.

As I was being scanned, someone yelled out, "SHE'S GOT A GUN ON HER!!" 

I froze. Fuck, I forgot about that. I turned around slowly, and realized they weren't talking about me. They were talking about the woman in the other line. She had her hands up and an evil smirk on her face. In her hand was a shotgun.

Hell no. She's not delaying my flight and put me at a risk for prison. I jumped over the conveyor belt with the bags, and shoved her against the wall.

"Drop. The. Freaking. Gun. Or I'll knock you out right here and right now, do you understand me?" I whispered into her ear.

She tried to fight me off. She aimed the gun at my face. But I knew that look. It was overconfidence covering fear. She wouldn't do it.  I punched her square in the jaw, and she fell unconscious. I dropped her to the ground and got my bags off the belt. No one even noticed they didn't get scanned. My gun and I were safe.

Everyone around me started applauding. A security officer went up to me and said, "You did a fantastic job, but there was no need to put yourself in that kind of danger. We can handle it."

I looked up at him and said soft, but sharply, "She wasn't dangerous. And you guys just stood there. I had to do something." I walked off. Some random woman gave me a card. I looked at it. It was a Starbucks gift card.

"Thank you sweetie. You may have just saved my life. " I was about to snap at her, because honestly I was aggravated that I had to punch a woman unconscious, but I saw the gratefulness in her eyes. I could tell it was a lot for her just to give me a gift card. 

"Thank you ma'am." I said politely. I walked off and finally reached my gate. I still had 15 minutes to kill. I pulled out my laptop and fired off a quick email to Mitchell, to tell him to give my brother access to a computer so he can email me. I sent an email to my brother telling him how much I miss him.

"Rows A1-A35 please get in line, " an intercom called out. 

I started sweating. At this moment I just realized something.

I had forgotten my biggest fear was airplanes.

I mean it's up like thousands of freaking feet in the sky, in a tiny little space. I can't do this. Reality is setting in, I can't do this, I can't.

"Madam? Your ticket?" the lady at the counter asked.

"I can't do this, I hate planes, you don't understand my hate for planes, what if I'm in the air just listening to music and all of a sudden, BOOOOM! We fall out of the motherfucking sky! You know I also hate the ocean, I mean, endless water? I can swim, but not that good. And I'll probably have to sit next to some doofus who won't shut up about visiting the exciting state of New York. Oh God, I'm gonna die," I ranted. The only time I ever rant was when I was getting on a plane. It  happened last time too, like 5 years ago. "This is only the 2nd time I've been on a plane, what if I'm not so lucky this time, what if.."