8. Baristas Criminals and Hipster Outfits

I crept into Wren's house to get my things. I took the stairs up. I wonder why Wren blew up on me? I mean, I guess I was really a disturbance. I couldn't expect to come to New York and everything to be perfect, right? I guess everything is too good to be true. It should've hurt me, but I don't feel anything, like I expected this. I opened the end of the stair door and went into his flat. It was around midnight, I was trying to find my way home for a while. I crept up the stairs quietly, and went into my room. I shoved as much as I could into my duffle bag and changed into black skinny jeans quickly. I grabbed both my bags and opened the door to the bedroom. "Scarlett?" I heard a voice ask. Shit. I looked at the window. It had a balcony on it. Yeah, this'll work. I opened it and shut it.

Soon, I was standing way up in the air. Crap, that's too far down. Which other way?

"Someone's in here and I have a rifle!" I heard a voice call out. Crap. "If it's you Scarlett, I swear to..." I didn't hear the rest because I looked up and found that we had a roof I could climb on. I grabbed the top of the window. threw my bag on top, then hoisted myself to the top. Something fell out of my jeans. It was a business card.

Robert Summers : 212-192-0092

Robert Summers? Wait. My mind flashed back to the night of my latest flight. My head rushed with excitment. I could get a job! Finally! This might work out for me. I heard the window creak open.

"Hello? I know someone's down there!" Wren called out. What's wrong with hime? I bet he's bipolar. I peaked over the top to look at him. Luckily, he was looking down. He looked around and shook his head and pulled out his phone.

"Yeah, I got rid of her, just like you asked," he said softly. "No, that's my end of the deal. You guys are horrible, she's a great girl. No more, now leave me to be!," he finished snapping his phone shut. Wait, what? God, what's happening with my life?

I felt awkwardly tired. I guess I'll sleep here for the night. I pulled out a big hoodie and laid it over myself and used my duffle bag as a pillow, and hugged my messenger bag to myself. I stared at the sky. Of course, I could only pick out one or two stars because we were smack dead in the city. I let out a deep breath I've been holding in and turned to the side. I stared at the sky, until my eyes shut down on me, and my breathing steadied.

♤♧♡♢

"Bloody freaking hell," I yelled waking up to an irritatingly bright sun. I got up, my back slightly stiff. I cracked it, then stood up, looking at the city in front of me. Then I realized that I could look at the city in front of me. I looked around, and remembered last night's events. How do I get down from the roof? There was no stairway, like I hoped, and I couldn't go through Wren's. I shoved my hoodie in my bag, slug my messenger bag around my body, the looked down at my outfit. My white tank top was dirty, but my jeans were fine. They were alwars ripped. I changed quickly into a black tank top and left my favorite leather jacket on as always. It comforted me like a mother, because, well, it was my mother's.

I grabbed my nike bag and walked to the other side of the roof. I saw a few balconeys there, like Wren's side. I had 2 choices.Get on one of the balconeys, and drop down to the one below it because since Wren owned the penthouse, he had the whole top floor, or, I could try to go back to Wren's.

I like the first option better. I looked down. What if I missed the second drop? Crap. That won't turn out well. I tried to stall myself and gave Mr. Williams a call.

"Hello?" a gruff voice answered.

"Ello, it's me, Scarlett. Scarlett Cariani?" I said unsurely, hoping he still remembered me.

"Oh yeah, Scarlett?" he answered enthusiastically. I sighed in relief. "Are you reconsidering my job offer?"

"Well, considering I'm in New York right now, yes, I would love to take you up on that." I said.