9. Small but Screwed up World

Dedicated to @AllTimeNutella for getting me addicted to All Time Low and 1D Fanfictions. Random, I know, but there's an All Time Low song in the Chapter. It's on the side-------> If you have an undying hatred for punk pop/rock, I don't suggest you listen, but give it a try. Then, we can fangirl over them.

____________________________________________

I was 13 years old. My brother was only 3.

"Scarlett, we have to go," my dad burst through the front door. 

"Why?"  I asked, fear filling my body.

"I tried to stop them Scarlett, I really did." he replied. I felt my body boil with anger but I calmed it down. My father couldn't complete his assignment. He shouldn't have even taken it. He was an FBI agent, but he was not a violent person. I knew he would eventually try to get revenge for what they did to Mom. I just didn't think he'd do it now. "Go pack Scarlett, go to your uncle's house in Cali," he said. "Take Ace with you."

I ran quickly in my bedroom, and piled a bunch of things into my mom's messenger bag. I spotted my dad's sparkling silver gun. I paused, then grabbed it and shoved it in my bag. I took my mom's leather jacket that was a bit too big for me and tossed it on. I grabbed an old baby bag and shoved some clothes and items for my brother. I ran out of the room, and saw my dad hugging Ace.

"Dad, I'm packed let's go," I said, trying to rush him out of the house. He didn't move. "Daddy, come on!" I said, tugging at him. He looked at me sadly. 

"Scarlett, I can't. I have to stay here. Take Ace with you. I love you guys." he said hugging me.

"DAD NO, PLEASE, JUST COME ON!" I yelled, tears spilling out of my eyes. 

"Scarlett, don't let anyone get to you. Take care of Ace with your life. Cover up your heart or you'll end up like me." My dad was heartbroken after mom was admitted in the hospital. He spent all his time hungry for revenge. "Don't do anything that I wouldn't do. I love you, okay? I'll see you one day."

"DAD!" I yelled.

He looked at me sadly, then he shoved us on the front porch. He waved a cab over, and gave him our Uncle's address. Ace was holding my hand tightly. "I love you Scarlett, I love you Aiden," he said, giving us a tight hug, before putting us into the cab.

"DAD!" I called out. It was the only thing I could manage to say. "I love you," I managed to choke out. He gave me a wide smile and waved at me. Maybe I'd see him soon. The cab started to drive away from the cul-de-sac, until I realized I forgot something. I forgot to get my brother's car seat. I needed that. I told the cab driver to stop, and I ran full speed back, until I stopped dead in my tracks. My dad was in the living room, and men in black were surrounding him. He looked me dead in the eye, and gestured me to go, with wide eyes.

"Daddy!" I called out. The men looked at me. The one with the gun to my dad's head had an evil smile.

"Get her," he said in a hoarse voice. They started to run after me. I sprinted for my life, but not before I heard a gunshot. I stopped dead in my tracks. The men grabbed my arms and the man with the hoarse voice walked up to me.

"Daddy's dead now sweetheart. He almsot exposed us. Now we're not gonna kill you, because we're not the bad guys here. But we will come for you if you tell anyone about us. Okay? Bye now," he said, and the men let me go. I ran to the cab, and told the driver to go. I watched my life fade off into the distance as we drove away from my house. A tear dripped down my cheek...........