Partners in school {AU} (Part 1)

Hey {inserts an awesome nickname right here}
IMPORTANT QUESTION AT THE END!!
Mentions the b-word for people who hates the b-word.
Read on-
~•♥•~

"-so you'll be in pairs of two for this project" your life skills class teacher said.

You looked up. You didn't hear a word Mrs Murphy said. You were too busy studying Leo Valdez,  again. He sat two desks from you.

You had a huge crush on him and just loved his curls. But he was with a popular girl, Calypso. He was always with her.

Well, not always. The times when he was with his friends, which was quit a large group, he was so much more fun, or so you thought. You never had the guts to talk to him or even say "hey."

You looked to Nico, one of your best friends, and pointed to your ears and then to the tkeacher.

He obviously knew what that meant, cause you talked way to much about Leo, and he then sighed. You made a serious face and he made his arms like he was holding a baby and then pointed to Will, your other best friend.

Will and Nico were your only friends. They were always there for you, even through your emotional attacks. They had a relationship going on but it didn't bother you. You'd always tease Nico about it cause he was such a sweet heart, tho the other kids thought he was creepy and dark.

The message hit you like a bus. You were doing a baby project. You heard other kids talk about it. You get a fake baby that tracks and records each of your parental responses on an internal computer that the teacher then uses to determine your grade.

But you needed to work in groups of two. So that meant that if the one person fails, so does the other. And since Nico and Will is going together, your then going alone.

The whole class were talking and pointing at each other, picking them as partners. You weren't that popular, so you worried about this project.

"Hush, I will be making the pairs of two. So, Hannah your going with Caleb-"

Your teacher went on with the names but you were on your nervous. What if your partner is lazy? You don't want to do all the work. What if she/he's too hard working? You wanted to help too.

But then you heard it. Your name.

"Y/n... Your going with Leo. Now Mr Valdez, no pranks or so on. Miss S/n doesn't need you to make her grades drop. Then Spencer and Toby-"

You just stared at the teacher.

'She did what!?' You thought.

You'd probably get a D- or something because you couldn't even talk to Leo, now you had to do a project with him.

You felt someone glaring at you from behind and looked back. You saw Calypso and her friend Drew glaring at you. They looked ready to kill. You remembered how protective Calypso is over Leo. He couldn't even look at another girl and she'd freak. Now he had to do a project with another girl and go to her house if he wanted to take care of the baby too.

You looked back to the teacher. She started handing out the baby's one per team. The other kids stayed seated and the teacher just looked at her list and gave one per group. Leo got your groups baby and he just placed it on his desk, staring at it.

'I'm dead' you thought. 'I can't talk to Leo. What about do a project with him!? I'll make as both fail and failing is never an option.'