Partners in School {part 2}

"Knock-knock" you heard someone at the door of your house. Your mom was home and was baking cake for your younger brother's birthday in the kitchen, so you counted on her to open the door since you knew Jeremy would just roll his eyes and go back to listen to music.

You were currently busy with your life skills project or fake baby project. It wouldn't stop making crying noises and it was getting on your nerves.

Your thirteen year old brother, Jeremy, suggested that you should just cut of its neck. You and your mother just stared at him.

"Y/n, do you mind opening the door!? I'm busy with the cake dough. Please!!" Your mom shouted to you.

"Okay!" You said although you didn't want to. You knew your mom had a hard time looking after two teenagers, work and be the best mom ever, so you always helped when you could.

You placed the fake baby in the middle of your bed. It had finally stopped crying.

You walked down stairs to the door and looked through the peek hole. You saw Leo shifting from one foot to the other standing in front of the door. Your hart started to go faster all of a sudden. You still felt nervous around Leo. But you knew that should be the reason why you should fail your project. His just your crush since kindergarten. Yeah, you needed some dating advice...

You opened the door and Leo smiled when he saw you, though you didn't know why he was smiling. It was a Wednesday after school and you were dressed in a black shorts, a big grey hoodie with a messy bun and bare feet. An alarm in your head went off when you realized how you were dressed in front of your crush but you ignored it.

"Hey, n/n" Leo said. He already started calling you on your nickname. "So I was wondering, do you think I should stay over for a while to help you with watching Sammy?"

"Umm, yeah. I'd love to have you help me out with Sammy" you said smiling like an idiot.

"Okay!" Leo said and his smile grew. "So where is he?"

"Oh, his in my room. We can go there right now. Okay?" You asked.

"Okay. But n/n." Leo said.

"Yup" you said looking at him.

"Are you flirting with me?" He asked. You almost chocked on your own spit. Firstly, he watched The Fault In Our Stars and secondly, he was asking if you were flirting with him. It was hard enough talking to him, it would be a disaster if you tried to flirt with him.

"No and I didn't know you watched The Fault In Our Stars" you said.

"Haha and yeah. I, Leo Valdez the best of all boys, watched the fault in our stars. Got a problem?" He said smirking.

"Nope, just didn't expect it from you. Now follow me and please close the door" you said and started to walk to your room.

Half way to the stairs, you heard your mom call you from the kitchen.

"Y/n, who was it?" Your mom asked.

"Uh, it was my life skills partner, Leo. His staying over for now to help me" you answered your mom.

"Ooh, you mean his here."

"Yeah, mom" you said, turning to face Leo. He had a huge smirk in his face. You just glared at him.

Sometimes, it sucked when you told your mom everything. It meant she knew about your crush on Leo and knew you did the life skills project with him. She also, really wanted to meet Leo cause you always talked about him nonstop.

"Ooh, I'm coming right now. Don't move" your mom said, sounding very exited. Too exited. At this point, you just wanted to hide somewhere.

Leo on the other hand, Leo was smirking at you and folded a his arms. You slapped his shoulder, know I g what he was implying.

Your mom came out of the kitchen. She looked like the usual mom. She had her 'loving the food' apron on with a jean and her work shirt on. She smiled as she saw you stand there glaring at her while Leo was smiling, looking like he wanted to make a good impression.

"Hey, Leo. I'm m/n, y/n's mom. It so nice to finally meet you. Y/n talks abo-"

"Cough-cough" you made a noise to make your mom stop talking. "Sorry. It looks like I'm coming down with something" you said, trying to cover everything up. Your mom just rolled her eyes and Leo kept smirking. "So mom, Leo. Leo, mom. Now we will be needing to work on our project."

"Hey Mrs l/n. Its nice to meet you too. I feel flattered that y/n takes time to even talk about me" Leo said, acting like you didn't just fake coughed or anything.

"Ha, like shed ever stop. I think I know much more about me then I'm-" your mom started but saw the disappointed look on your face and stopped. "You know what, Leo? Forget what I said. But do you want to stay for dinner?" Your mom asked.

"It will be hard to forget but I'll try. And yes, I'd like to stay for dinner. What are you making?" Leo asked, smiling widely. 'He must be really hungry' you thought.

"Tacos. We don't have taco Tuesday but we do have taco Wednesday" your mom said, smiling. 'What was going on with all this smiling' you thought. "And since its y/n's little brother, Jeremy's birthday, we have cake too. But I'm still busy making it."

"Hey, I come from a family were its taco Tuesday, everyday. And I'm sure I'll love the cake."

"I hope so. But, if you guys would excuse me, I've got a cake to bake" your mom said and left the room. Immediately, Leo stared at you, smirking.

"What?" You said.

"Nothing, its just that you talk about me. I thought you didn't even notice me" Leo said.

"Why would I notice you? And why would you think anything of me?" You asked.

"Oh, no reason. Now let's go make a fake baby's life" Leo said and started to jog up the stairs. When he was at the top, he stopped. "Ah, y/n. Which room is yours?" Leo asked. You rolled your eyes and walked up the stairs and showed Leo your room.

When he got settled in, he took Sammy, what Leo called the fake baby no matter what, and started to ask you questions about him. You just answered everything.

At dinner, your brother teased you and made googly eyes every time you and Leo locked eyes or talked about school and laughed together.

It was all fun and nice, but boy, you didn't expect the last week of the project to go so wild...

~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!!!

Sorry guys, I had to. Hope you enjoyed that. I'm really busy with school and will keep updating once or twice a week.

Part 3 to come.

Love you guys!!

~MG