Prologue

Your Pov

"Dad, what are stars made out of?" I ask as I cuddle up to my father laying on the grass, looking above me.

"Well, to me... Stars are memories. Happy memories that stay up in the sky, so whenever you feel... Sad. You just look up to the stars, because the stars are something that make you remember happy." my father then sighs, "Is that where mommy is?" my father then looks at me and just smiles.

He's eyes then suddenly turn black and suddenly he grabs my throat making me unable to breathe, "D-daddy s-stop. I-I c-can't b-br-" my father then pushes me to the ground.

I then try to run but he grabs my foot, "Daddy stop!" I start crying.

I quickly shot up from my bed, breathing heavily as sweat drips all over my body. I then frown because of my dream, "It's going to get better" I say to myself. But no matter how much I've said that, nothing changes.

"Why is my life like this? Why did you have to leave me mom! Dad! I m-m-miss you guys so m-much... I-i n-need y-you guys." I then started tearing up.

Suddenly my bedroom door opens and not seconds later I feel familiar arms wrap around me.

"Shhh, don't cry. I'm here, I-I won't leave." I then tighten my embrace on Camila, "I miss them... S-so much." I say. "I know, but it will get better. I-I m-miss them too..." I then began to cry on Camila's shoulder, as she cried on mine.

It will get better, right?

• • •

2:19 am July 3, Wednesday: Today is my third year and thirty fourth day as a guard in this mental institution. Patient 027 doesn't seem like the others, she's quiet and quite mysterious. All she does is sit in the glass box, head facing down, silent. To be honest, it creeps me out.

2:19 am July 5, Friday: There seems to be a crack on the glass, strange. . . Why is the glass cracked? Isn't it unbreakable?

2:19 am July 8, Monday: Today was the day I first heard her talk, she even looked up. She was really. . . Beautiful. But what she said confused me, "Let me out, I-I can't take it anymore. Th-th-they h-hurt me. . ."

2:19 am July 9, Tuesday: She's gone silent again. But I feel something strange, a feeling as if I need to help her. But it's wrong, right?

2:19 am July 11, Thursday: As I was in the room where her box cell was placed, I noticed that the crack on the glass had gotten bigger. Is she the one doing that? It can't be, right?

2:19 am July 12, Friday: It was the usual time again. But this time she did something. . . Different? She placed her hand on the glass and something made me want to place mine on the glass too, so I did. I then suddenly felt a shock go through my body, so I quickly released my hand.

2:19 am July 15, Monday: She went back to the 'silent treatment' why is she like this?

2:19 am July 18, Thursday: She looked up again, staring at me with her mezmerizing green eyes. It felt so strange, it felt as if she was hypnotizing me.

2:19 am July 19, Friday: I did something, It was wrong. But it was. . . Right?

2:19 am July 21, Sunday: She was sitting at the edge of my bed watching me, expression-less. She does this every night and it actually scares me, I shouldn't have let her out.