Riku x Reader (AU): Promises are Meant to be Broken

Don't play it until I said so.

Y/n POV

I was sitting with my best friend, Riku. We always been together since childhood. He always help me when I'm in trouble and he's great friend. Enough with the ranting and back to the story. So here I am eating lunch. He kept babbling about Xion on how is she's beautiful and such while I listen to him with my bored face on. But actually deep in inside of my heart kept aching like thousands of knives kept piercing to my heart. I love him so much but I don't have the courage to confess to him. He likes Xion more than me. He always consider me a friend nothing more nothing less. Then he slam his hand to the table making jump a little and he said to me "you know what, I'm going to confess to her today!" He said it to with determination.

"Oh that's great!" I said it with my fake smile. He smile back at me as well. Good thing I'm good hiding my emotions. "So when are you going to confess her anyway?" I said to him with my usual bubbly expression.

"I'm going to confess to her after classes." He said to me. "Okay, but one question, what are you going to do if she rejects it? Not to discourage you but I'm worried." "I don't know"he replied and shrugs. Then the bell rang signaling end of lunch break. As I was about leave, Riku grab my hand. My cheek blush a bit but I shrug it off. Then Riku said "Hey, don't forget we are going to the ice cream shop with Sora and Kairi later, okay. I replied back with an "okay, I promise."

Timeskip to after classes

Riku's POV

So here I am standing in the hallway with busy people travel across the room. I spotted Xion with her best friend Xifra. They talk together until I approached them. I call her name then she notice me. "oh hi Riku!" she said. Then I grab her hand and drag her away from the crowd. As we were outside Xion then ask me "Riku, what's the problem?" I replied to her " Xion, for the past two years... you became my apple of my eye. I wanted to know that Iloveyousomuch!" I speak the last part rather faster but Xion caught what I said.

~Now you can play it~

She answered back "Riku, I'm sorry... I can't be your girlfriend... could we stay like being friends." I couldn't believe it. She rejected me. My heart shattered like a fragile glass. Then she continues " Besides you have [y/n]. She had a crush on you for sixteen years, I think." I muttered "okay..." then it start to rain. I walk away from Xion and heads towards to the gates of the school. I started it with a slowly pace then I ran faster and faster until I saw [y/n] waiting outside the gates with her umbrella. I walk passed by her and continue running.

I ran and ran as fast as I can. The rain pours heavily as I ran. Then a familiar voice yell my name. I turn around and saw [y/n]. She ran towards to me without her umbrella. She began speak " Riku, what happen? Did Xion re-" I cut her off with a scoff and give her cold glare "Yes, she rejected me. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!" Her eyes went wide and try to speak "W-What are you ta-" I cut off her again "BECAUSE OF YOU!!! XION REJECTED ME!!! BECAUSE OF YOU!!! XION DIDN'T RETURN HER FEELINGS TO ME!!! I WISH YOU DIDN'T EXIST!!!" I turn my back away from [y/n] and start to walk away. I didn't realize that we were on the middle of the road.

Y/N's POV

I just stand there frozen still. I try to comprehend what happen a few seconds ago until something hit me. I began fall to ground and saw a red liquid on it. My vision began to blur slowly. Then someone lift me up into their arms. I saw Riku's face with a sad looks on his face. He began to say "I'm sorry or It's my fault" all over again. I raised my hand touch his cheeks. Then I began to speak with my hoarse voice

"Don't cry... It's not your fault... I'm sorry that I exist... at least your wish came true..." My arms began to limp as rain continue to pour heavily and Riku began to shout like "[y/n} don't leave! or what about your promise?!?!" I'm smile with sadness that paints on my face and spoke my last words "I love you, Riku..." Then my eyes began to close and the last words I heard " I love you, [y/n]..." and warms lips connected to my cold lips as I was drifted into an endless abyss of death.

"Reality maybe cruel at least there is a beauty that hides inside of it. Death is not a curse but more than a beautiful lie in this beautiful cruel world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! So I made a tragic story. I'm sorry reader-chan that I kill you but I felt writing tragic one-shot and I HAVE NO REGRETS!!!! *reader-chan throws random stuffs and Author-chan dodges it* Okay stop throwing random stuffs at me, sheesh. So anyway, hope you enjoy! BYE,KUPO!!!! ^_^

~VenVanSoraRoxas16