Chapter 3

"We shall walk hand in hand through the gates of the school and when anybody asks what the fuck is going on, just say that you realized your undying love for me and confessed which is why we ended up together because I took pity on your crying and trembling body. Now, we're dating." Zayn announced proudly, answering Niall's question of a background story in case somebody asks about their 'relationship.' The answer the blonde received though, made him roll his eyes because never in his wildest dreams had he imagined Zayn Malik - the bad boy of the school - to be such a dramatic little shit. 

"Or we can just say that you blackmailed me into it. Honest enough, eh?" Niall cocked his head to the side, smirking when Zayn's cheerful persona just drifted off his face and rather became stone cold and a bit evil. Sinister like. The blonde shivered under the intense gaze, not daring to remove his eyes from the taller man. 

"Or we can just show the pictures I've got on my phone and you can kiss your reputation and the plans you have for university, goodbye." The blonde huffed, pushing his bag pack closer to his chest as he turned his head down, glaring at his shoes while imaging it was Zayn Malik and praying he would melt and just burn under his intense glare. Of course, dreams hardly ever come true and Niall's wasn't an exception. 

"Fine. We'll do it your way but not with that shitty ass story you came up with." The blonde watched with furrowed eyebrows the sight of students filling in the school garden. They had already parked Zayn's bike in the designated lot and even though Niall was still sitting on top of the bike, they were carefully hidden from the public eye with all the other vehicles hiding them. But Niall could see the school gate and the garden, the small amount of students in it made his heart thunder in his chest. What was he going to do? Walk inside the school gate with Zayn Malik beside him? People would be shocked and worst come worst, they might even laugh at him. As desirable as Zayn was, he wasn't exactly dating material and after dating the school's prettiest girl, Perrie Edwards, the older Pakistani hadn't even dated anybody else. It was a shame that Perrie had to leave school so suddenly, mid semester as far as Niall could remember. 

"I say we don't tell anyone anything. We can just say that it happened and that we're both actually just trying this out. That'll seem reasonable," Niall tried, trying to get himself out of the grave he had managed to drag himself in. Surely it would be understandable if they said that they were just testing water, experimenting since as far as Niall knew, he wasn't attracted to males. Sure he found them hot at times and he definitely did appreciate Zayn's beauty and his nice body but that's how far it has ever gone from him. It was the same with girls. The maximum he had gone with a girl was dancing with her at some club remix song and at that moment, he was usually drunk off his ass. 

"Nope. I'm not going to tolerate one of those rumors about how you'll get bored and dump me or the other way around. We're going to say we're serious for each other, that we love each other rather than any other bull fucking shit." Niall opened his mouth to protest, shutting up quickly when Zayn glared at his way, tapping his jeans pocket where he had kept his phone. The blonde gritted his teeth together, glaring back at Zayn before reluctantly agreeing. 

"Whatever you want, boyfriend." The word felt so strange, so cold. It felt alien on Niall's lips but he kept quiet, following the tanned man as they walked towards the school building, his hands gripped tightly into Zayn's larger ones and for the first time, Niall took the time to admire how different they were. He didn't know whether it was a good thing or a bad one, the fact that he was shorter and significantly smaller than Zayn made him feel giddy. The way his pale hands looked in Zayn's tanned brown ones made his insides feel tingly and that definitely wasn't a good feeling. It probably meant that Niall was coming on with some cold or some other deadly disease.