Chapter 19

Silence. Now for some people, silence is good. These people appreciate it, they enjoy the quiet and they don't mind the voice in their head getting louder by every passing second but then there are other kinds of people as well - the ones that aren't particularly fond of silence.  Not because silence is bad. No, quiet can never be bad but because silence gives way to the brain overworking itself and producing a million thoughts per second and that's why Niall James Horan did not especially like silence. He preferred it more when people talked. Just like the very moment, he was desperately praying for Zayn to just talk. But after ten minutes of cold glares being passed between two people, he had decided that talking was clearing not an option. 

"I'm going to go and give you some time to think," Niall muttered awkwardly, swaying back and forth on his feet before coming to the conclusion that he wasn't going to receive a cheeky 'i-love-you-too' anytime soon. It was too good to be true either ways.  And even though he was just holding onto a string of hope, mostly ignited by Kendall Jenner (curse her), he knew now that it was pointless to be wishing for the impossible. Bad boys don't do love and blackmailers certainly stray away from it. Or so it seemed. 

"So yeah," he mumbled again, running a hand through his hair and stopping at the back of his neck before turning around on his feet and getting prepared to walk away from the situation . There are moments when people wish a delete button existed in their life as well and this awkwardness that he had just experienced, certainly accounted for such a wish. As he walked away from Zayn , his mind created scenarios of a deep voice calling out for him, commanding him to stop and as weird as it was, Niall secretly wished it would happen, secretly hoped that he hadn't just made a fool of himself by confessing his feelings to Zayn fucking Malik. 

But nothing of the sort happened and as Niall continued to walk towards his house, his phone clutched tightly in his fist, he cursed himself for being a stupid fool but what was done was done and as much as he wanted to, he couldn't possibly undo it. 

The blonde huffed to himself, taking a deep breath before opening the door to his house and faking a smile at his mother who seemed to be waiting for him by the steps. 

"It took you a while to finish that walk," Maura muttered coyly, lips pressed together as she watched Niall get rid of the sweater, inside a white plain t-shirt coming into view. 

"Yeah, I went down to the other park," Niall replied quietly, starting up the stairs but before he could make any further moves, his mother called out to him once again. 

"Whatever it is that you're doing or going through, talk to us Niall. We might not be the best parents in the world but we'll try to understand." The blonde smiled at his mother, ignoring the feeling of wanting to take her short frame into a bone crushing hug. The last night he must have hugged Maura was years back, when he had come back from a long trip and missed home more than what he could imagine. Ever since that, he had never been affectionate with his parents and the latter seemed to reciprocate the distant boulder. Regardless of all that, Niall still smiled widely at his mother, who genuinely looked like she wanted to help, and nodded, continuing up the steps. 

"Thank you mum." he whispered softly before getting inside his room and locking it shut.  Teenage life always comes with its own dramas and typical situations, and Niall's life was definitely representing it all perfectly now. He quickly raided his cupboard for the box of cigarettes he had stashed away somewhere and grinned upon finding them hidden among the pile of denim jeans. The blonde quickly opened the window that faced the head of the sofa after lighting the cancer stick up and inhaled the smoke before huffing it out. 

Smoking, as injurious as health as it could be, was also the greatest stress reliever known to human kind and Niall hadn't been making the best use of all his cigarette supplies. So he stayed perched by the window, cross legged on the sofa, inhaling and exhaling from the burning stick before the loud buzz of his phone caught his attention. Stubbing the fire out with his shoe clad feet, the blonde reached for the Apple device he had left on his bed and frowned upon noticing that it was a simple text message from none other than Zayn Malik. 

"Good night," Niall read the text out loud to himself, scoffing at the lame message and shook his head, ignoring it altogether and placing his phone back down on the bed. But before he could return back to his new favorite spot by the window, his phone buzzed again, making the blonde groan out in annoyance as he picked it up, unlocking the device to read another text message from his supposed "boyfriend." 

"Kitten, you should sleep. It's late," the message read and automatically, a small blush filled the pale cheeks but Niall control himself from replying back. He had already said too much for one night. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself once again for accidentally texting a stupid 'i love you' to Zayn. As much as his feelings were real and he was certain of them, he wasn't particularly proud of them. Because who the fuck falls in love with a guy that's blackmailing them into faking a relationship? Nobody! Except for a certain fake blonde. 

He placed the phone back on the bed, watching it light up once again and even he couldn't prevent himself from smiling like a love struck Romeo when another text message popped up. 

"Honestly, princesses need their beauty sleep. Which is why you should be sleeping." Niall read it to himself, tapping on the reply option as soon as he summoned up enough courage to do so. Which was after a solid five minutes. 

"What makes you think I'm not sleeping?" Niall nodded at his reply. Demanding yet distant, he muttered to himself, propping down on the bed as he closed his eyes while waiting for a reply.  He was about to fall asleep when a small buzz woke him up. 

"I know you kitten." The blonde shook his head, chuckling. He found himself thinking back to what Kendall had said and maybe it was the truth because Zayn did treat him as someone special otherwise, he doubted that the school bad boy would be texting someone good night and telling them to go get their beauty sleep. The thought made him snort. 

"Good night Zayn." Niall replied back, stifling a yawn as he got up to close the window and then proceeded to turn off the lights, the glow in the dark stickers on the ceiling and the walls showing him the way towards his bed. He reached for the phone, unlocking it to open the messages and smiled widely at the recent one from Zayn. 

"Good night, my love." And okay, maybe it was just a message and he really shouldn't be thinking too much into it but it meant a whole lot to Niall. So naturally, he had to type out a new text message, specifically to his friend Kendall Jenner (the great) and type in bold letters" 

'U were rite!' 

AN/ Okay so not much happened here.  More like a filler but hey, Ziall happened. whoop whoop. Updates going to be more frequent for a few days since I'll be focusing more on this book and on finishing sex lessons. 

Btw guys, new Narry fiction is called ALL WE KNOW and you should totally check that out because i need some serious support on that one cause  I have no clue what I'm typing lol. 

APART FROM THIS" 

THOUGHTS ON THE CHAPTER?

THOUGHTS ON ZAYN BEING SILENT ABOUT NIALL'S CONFESSION ?

THOUGHTS ON ZIALL TEXTING ? 

DO YOU THINK ZAYN ALSO LOVES NIALL?

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO KEHLANI IF ZIALL FOR REAL GET TOGETHER?

NEXT UPDATE AT 90+ VOTES AND COMMENTS ! 

ALSO GUYS, NIALL PERFORMS ON THE 14TH ON THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR IT. YOU ALL SHOULD DEFINITELY WATCH IT CAUSE BAE IS PERFORMING AND HE'S SO DAMN GOOD! LIKE HIS INSTAGRAM VIDEO KILLED ME! CAN HE STOP BEING SO FUCKING AWESOME! LIKE WTF, HE SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE THE STUDIO VERSION AND HE'S JUST SO DAMN TALENTED THAT I WEEP TEARS OF PROUDNESS! 

#PROUDMUMFOREVER!