Epilogue

Everything was beautiful and white - from the flowers to the table cloth and even the curtains covering the large windows, the theme of the room was white and everybody had to agree that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Like little snowflakes falling, adding a rather winter touch to it. The God's above seemed to be blessing the event, the day, the entire line of guests gathered about the hall, as their was an announcement of a snowfall happening soon. 

The ceremony was to take place in the hall as the groom wasn't particularly keen on being religious for a bond he didn't even want to be tried in. There was a soft music playing in the background and the sound of women laughing at jokes that men cracked, mostly trying to charm their way towards the crowd of single, marriageable ladies. Everyone was lavishly dressed in their best suits and their best dresses.  It was as if people had specifically gotten jewelry designed to please Yaser Malik and the media. 

Outside the hall though, the situation was different. The atmosphere was anything but soothing, the air was absolutely chilly and  Niall could feel his balls freezing the longer he stayed standing by the tall door, unable to decide whether he should enter or just turn back. He was dressed from top to bottom in the most perfectly stitched suit. How Kendall had managed to get just a decent suit made in the span of one week was unknown to the blonde. He sighed, attempting to turn around and walk away, the very moment he decided to take a step back, the shrill voice of his best friend caught his attention, freezing him in his spot. 

"We've come this far, we're not going to back down now." Kendall  cheered, a smile filling her face as she dragged Niall inside the hall, towards the guests filling the room. It looked like a scene out of a very expensive and famous magazine. There were all kinds of people piling in the room, ranging from young teens who looked amused yet bored with the affair and the middle aged women and men who had dressed to impress. There was an air of superiority, authority and fame in the hall. Definitely suitable for the marriage of the youngest Malik son. 

"I think your idea is dead wrong. If he wanted to be with me, he wouldn't be getting married in the first place." Niall sighed, shaking his head when Kendall ignored all his words. There were two solid hours left before the actual wedding started. It was just pre-lunch right now and it was ticking Niall off, how everything was arranged to perfection, as if the bride and groom actually were looking forward to settling down and having a cheery married life together. "We're just going to make a fool of ourselves." 

"Be a bit optimistic sunshine. Maybe all Zayn needed was an assurance that no matter what happens, you were always going to be by his side. Plus, an affair with a married man has always been a gay man's dream." 

"I do not want to have an affair with him! I won't even see his face if he actually decides to get married after seeing me here. I'm not going to be a homewrecker," Niall huffed, crossing his arms by his chest as the two sat down at the nearest table. He glanced around the room, eyeing the flower arrangements in distaste. It was way too white. If it was his own wedding, he would go for other colors as if. Maybe daffodil flowers and a bit of pink or lavender roses. He would opt for jasmine as well, they smelled amazing as he had heard.  There won't be any of these extremely expensive halls with their spaciousness and beautiful ceilings with chandelier dangling down from them, rather Niall would prefer to get in the back garden of his house. It was small but his father had maintained it well, with beautiful flowers and shrubs. 

"You would know what he wanted if you would have just answered one of his calls. I don't understand the problem between the two of you. When you reach out to him, he shuts himself off and when he does tries to get you to understand something, you avoid him." Kendall sighed,  shaking her head. "I'm just so glad that my relationship with Cara is a healthy and stress-free one."