Chapter 20

Never in his entire life had Niall felt such utter disgust and hate towards a single person. Except maybe that one time when Kendall was badly hurt but apart from that, Niall had never been the type to hate people. And here he was, watching the scene unfolding in front of his eyes and wishing, praying that the girl would burn into flames right in front of everyone in the hallways. He shuffled on his foot, clutching his books closer to his chest before averting his gaze when a low whistle from behind caught his attention. 

"Lover boy got a new bitch?" Liam's familiar chuckle made everything a bit easy. Just for a second though. It wasn't that Niall was hoping for much but he just wanted a bit of decency on the part of Zayn fucking Malik. Maybe he could tell his fiance to just stop being all grope-y and lovey-dovey in public places. Honestly, was that too much of him to ask for? But then again, upon observing the couple, Niall would see that all initiations of physical contact were by Kehlani rather than Zayn. That calmed him down a lot. 

"Can we not talk about this?" Niall huffed, opening the locker and stuffing his books inside. He had managed to make it to the school premises by walking the distance. It wasn't all that far and he needed a walk to clear his mind out as well. There was too much happening all of a sudden. First, he was feeling so many emotions towards Zayn. He loved the guy, he definitely did for some very unknown reason but all the secrets that Zayn was keeping and this fiance thing was really starting to piss Niall off. Secondly, he was confused about Zayn's feelings towards himself. Did the Pakistani care and love him the way Kendall made it out to be? It seemed rather unrealistic since Zayn was the one who came up with the idea of 'faking a relationship' and Zayn was also the one among the two of them who had a fiance now. And she was even pretty. Thirdly, the entire conversation during dinner with Louis just refused to leave his mind, making him all the more confused. He didn't understand why there was such animosity between the two siblings and while Louis seemed quite careless about giving away all the things that Zayn wanted to keep secret, Niall had a feeling that even then they were both hiding many things from him. He didn't want to get into it all but now his entire emotions were in a whirlwind because of the fucking troublemaker that he still had to call his "boyfriend." 

"Are you actually affected by this, Ni? Do you want me to knock some sense into him?" Liam raised an eyebrow in concern, slumping against the locker right next to the blonde's. He watched intently as the smaller man huffed and puffed, straightening his hair out and fixing his plain black shirt before grabbing a hold of his beanie from the lockers and turning around. 

"Thanks Li but that won't be needed.  He doesn't mean shit to me." Lies. 

"If you say so but just remember that I won't judge you. Ever. If you do like somebody like Zayn then don't keep it a secret from me and the girls. We all love you unconditionally and we know you're scared because of what happened the last time but -" 

"Can we not talk about that?" Niall interrupted the brunette rudely, titling his head a little before pinching the bridge of his nose. He didn't want to dwell into matters of the past so with a small sigh, the blonde reached forward, enveloping Liam into a tight hug before turning to leave for his class room. 

It was weird for him to just walk right down the hall, in the direction of Zayn's locker. He could feel everything rushing to him - the time they had spent together laughing and mocking one another, the annoying pet names and what not - it was all there and it was making his heart clench painfully when he watched the gorgeous female beside him tug on the raven haired boy's arm before getting on her tip toes to peck his lips. 

Niall could feel his eyes burning at the scene and without wasting another second, he turned his eyes away and continued in his path towards the English classroom, groaning once he realized that he shared the subject with Zayn.