Chapter 17

There comes a point in life when you start feeling like nothing makes sense anymore. When the people you were just learning how to trust, betray you and that hurts. But you can't blame anyone but yourself for it. Because you were the one who gave them the key, you were the one who brought your walls down. And that's exactly how Niall felt staring at the tall girl and then towards the hazel eyed man sitting right next to him. He knew everyone was watching them, every single eye in the room was on them. They were the most talked about couple after all. The angel and the devil. What a piece of bullshit. 

The blonde scoffed, getting up from the chair and grabbing his books quickly. He kept his head high as he walked outside the classroom, the door clicking softly behind him. Biting his lips to refrain himself from crying out in the amount of frustration he felt, the blonde reached for his cell phone, dialing the number of the one person who knew exactly how to deal with such situation. He was just about to press the call button when a loud call of his name stopped him short, the familiar voice brought back so many memories.

He was just beginning to trust him, was just beginning to come in terms with the fact that he might be anything other than straight but of course, Zayn  Malik had to ruin it all. He was truly a devil, vicious and vile.  Playing with his heart like that. Fucking piece of shit. 

"What do you want now?" Niall hissed, keeping a careful distance between his frame and Zayn's taller one. 

"To talk to you." The Pakistani replied softly, feeling grateful that the hallways were absolutely empty at this point of time. He didn't want anyone to eavesdrop on their conversation, not when Niall looked like a fragile piece of already broken glass and not when Zayn's own emotions and feelings were in a tumult. 

"What's there to talk about? You have a fucking fiance. Go and talk with her."  The blonde scoffed, remembering just how beautiful the girl actually looked. And no matter how much it hurt him, he knew that Zayn would look good with her. Even more than good. They'll be the perfect match made in heaven with their divine looks and everything. For a second he felt dumb for even thinking that him and Zayn could be anything more than the blackmailer and the blackmailed.  It was stupid that he let his feelings get in the way. Especially in regard to Zayn Malik.  Hadn't people already warned him enough of how the boy was a pawn of Satan himself?

"Why are you behaving like this? I had already told you that my parents fixed me up with a girl and they want me to marry her." The tanned man asked confused, running a hand through his raven hair and then rubbing the overgrown stubble. 

"Because I thought you were lying! Why will I believe anything that comes out of your mouth when all you've done is behave like a shit to me?" Niall bit his lips, tugging on the hem of his shirt as he waited for a response to come his way. It was careless of them to be fighting like this in the middle of the corridors but some things couldn't wait. He needed to get everything out of his chest. To tell Zayn that he might be developing some feelings for him because what else reason was there for him to act like a bitch because of the mind blowing appearance of a gorgeous female? Who claimed to be his 'boyfriend's' fiance? Why would he allow a guy who was blackmailing him, to cuddle him? Every single action of Niall's pointed in just one direction. 

"I treated you like shit?" Zayn raised an eyebrow, taking slow steps towards the blonde until he had successfully managed to pin the shorter lad against the lockers, his books stumbling out from the tight grip he had on them at the close proximity. The Pakistani took this as a chance to grab a hold of Niall's wrist and pin them above his head, holding steadfastly onto them and bringing his body closer to the shivering blonde's. "Kitten, I've treated you with the care I've never given to anyone else." Zayn whispered softly, lips ghosting over the blonde's pale cheeks with every single word he spoke.