Chapter 10

It was Sunday. One of the most boring and tiresome day, and while Niall had got up from his bed at around 10 in the morning, he was still tired, if the constant yawns and sighs were any hint to that. The blonde quickly shrugged on a nice pair of T-shirt and jeans, mentally bracing himself for dealing with his parents. It wasn't that hard really, at least in the moment when he was doing things right to please them that is. Like getting an A in a test or getting selected in some competition to represent the school but if those things weren't happening, Niall couldn't ever bring himself in front of his parents to hold a simple conversation. 

The loud ring of his phone, Jason Derulo's voice playing loudly interrupted Niall's thoughts, making him groan loudly as he took his phone off charging and brought it to his ears, not even bothering to check the caller ID. 

"How is the boy toy?" The blonde rolled his eyes in annoyance. Of course his best mate would decide to ruin a perfectly nice morning, with the sun up in the sky and the annoying chirruping noise of the birds filling the air, by asked such a lame question. 

"He's fine I suppose. I ain't his mama." 

"A bit of a JLo fan I see." Liam laughed loudly, somehow making Niall chuckle along with him as well. 

"Why did you call me Payne?" The blonde mumbled, running a hand through his hair as he tried to get the messy roots into a straight line. Why was it that Sundays tire people out more than usual? On every Sunday, Niall felt like death himself and he really just wanted to stay buried under soft quilt and the fluffy pink pillows he owned. Not that he liked the color pink, pfft, no, they were just so soft and comfortable. 

"Well there's a party going tonight and I know, I know it's a Sunday and you love school but we really should go since it's Natasha who's throwing it." Niall scoffed, knowing fully well why his presence was even needed. Liam had had this massive crush on the head cheerleader for an extremely long time now and even Niall was beginning to get concerned when he had heard that Liam Payne hadn't yet managed to score one with Natasha Smith. It was weird to say the least, considering Liam was the definition of playboy reincarnation, getting inside every girl's panties was his specialty. 

"I'm not going to come with you just because you want to fuck a chick. Take Kylie along, she'll help." 

"No, I need a wing man. And you're the one whom everyone listens to. If you say I'm a good guy, then Natasha will believe." 

"Are you saying that you aren't a good guy?" 

Liam scoffed. "I think we established that when I fucked the Styles kid and broke his heart." 

"True." Niall titled his head to the side, feeling a bit sad for Liam's neighbors son, Harry Styles. The poor boy had given his virginity to none other than Liam Payne. And Liam was not the kind to cherish things, ever. To be frankly honest, Niall didn't even know why he was friends with the idiot. 

"So you will help me?" The sheer amount of hope in Liam's voice made Niall sigh. He did need a drink and a much needed smoke, it had been two days since he had last smoked and honestly, it was kind of getting to him. 

"I'll come. Not for you but for the free booze." The blonde muttered disinterestedly, hanging up the call when he got tired of listening to Liam's annoying voice and decided to get something to eat. Which meant meeting the parents and that could only amount to one things - disaster. 

...

"How have your grades been?" Bobby asked smoothly, cutting a piece of his omelette before stuffing it in his mouth, his eyes fixed on Niall's blue ones.