Chapter 15

Niall knocked on the door, something he really could've avoided easily if he wasn't sleepy and out of his senses or if he would've just felt the house key burning a hole in his back pocket. But he still knocked, even after realizing it all. Mostly because he was exhausted. The dinner, the few subtle hints dropped by Louis here and there, the blow job, everything had completely drained the life out of Niall and by the look of concern Zayn was showering upon him, the blonde was sure that he looked like a wreck as well. 

Before he could think much about anything else, a loud female voice called from the other side of the door and soon, it was creaking into its open state. Niall frowned upon noticing his mother's frown at Zayn's appearance which, according to him was rather sexy and well, hot. But his mother clearly didn't think so. Especially about the tattoos running down those tanned arms. The blonde rolled his eyes, feeling a bit guilty and sad for making Zayn go through the wreck he calls family. He loves them but they're just so damn hard to live with. It's kind of a love-hate relationship, if he had to ever explain. 

"And who's this?" Maura raised a hand in the air when Niall took a step forward, in the hopes of trying to get inside without starting an argument but he failed, terribly. Sighing to himself, the blonde gave a sympathetic smile towards the Pakistani lad who looked nothing but uncomfortable. Which was really alright because Niall's entire family had that power, to make people feel out of their usual cockiness demeanor. 

"Mum, this is Zayn Malik. And Zayn," Niall gestured towards the smiling boy. "This is my mum." 

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Horan-" 

"And what is he doing here at such an odd hour?" Maura's voice cut sharply through Zayn's, making the raven haired man frown but he quickly wiped it off his face, replacing it with a smile. For some reason, he wanted to prove himself worthy to Niall's parents. And he didn't exactly get why he would want to do that because really, he wasn't even friends with the blonde and they were just fake dating. However, before he could get into the depth of the question that had invaded his mind, his thoughts were cut short by Niall's a bit too tired reply. 

"He's going to spend the night here. A sleepover of a kind, I suppose." The blonde whispered uncertainly, glancing briefly towards the Pakistani before blushing as he stared back at his shoes before turning his attention towards his mother, who was now frowning at the sight of them both. 

"You've never called people up for a sleepover before." Yes, because you ask too many questions and I just can't be bothered with the answers.  Niall shook his head clear of his thoughts, trying to focus into somehow getting the taller lad inside and into his room, just so he didn't have to bother with his mother's remarks. 

"Can he stay, please?" The blonde pouted, trying to use the puppy face trick on his mother by widening his eyes and pushing his lips into a much bigger pout until the older woman finally nodded with a soft smile on her face. 

"Just this once though." Maura scolded, getting out of the way so both the boys could walk towards Niall's room. She wanted to mention the soft way Zayn's hands were touching Niall's lower back, nudging the lad forward up the stairs and the comfortable way her son was just letting it happen. But she said nothing, blaming herself for thinking too much into the situation as she closed the door and walked towards her own bedroom. 

..

"Welcome to my room." Niall whisper yelled, not wanting to alarm his older brother or his father about Zayn's presence as he gently closed the door behind the older lad, proceeding swiftly towards his wardrobe and grabbing a pair of fresh pajama bottoms and a loose shirt of his brother, handling it all over to the Pakistani as he crawled into his bed, wanting nothing more than to just fall asleep.