Chapter 25

"We are meeting your parents!?" Niall screamed, eyes wide open and all traces of sleep long gone from his face. He couldn't believe that he was being taken to meet the fucking parents of the boy he was madly in love with while he was wearing the sweaty sweater and ripped jeans. Talk about being completely informal. 

"Don't yell in my ears." Zayn rolled his eyes, getting up from the comfortable seat of his bike and lifting Niall up from his waist. The blonde looked too shocked and slumped, his skin a hint paler than what it was before. The Pakistani smiled fondly, wrapping his arms tightly around the little man's waist and bringing him closer to his chest. He could smell the faint whiff of Niall's cologne mixed with his sweat from rushing to his classes. Zayn buried his face in the blonde's fluffy hair, breathing in before hugging Niall closer. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" Niall blushed, hiding his face inside Zayn's leather jacket. He hated how the bad boy wasn't all skinny and bony anymore but had all the right muscles and abs, enough to make anyone drool. Unconsciously, Niall lifted his fingers towards the tattoos scattered on Zayn's chest and traced them lovingly, allowing himself the pleasure to get lost in the man's scent and his tight embrace. A part of his heart was hurting badly, knowing well that whatever this was, probably wasn't going to last for long but the other part was hoping that they would get the opportunity to hold each other and to love each other, genuinely and not in this entire fake relationship fiasco, one day. 

"Calming my kitten down." Zayn chuckled.

"I'm not yours and I'm not a fucking kitten." the blonde huffed, pushing Zayn away a little to glare at him. He hated how perfect the taller man looked, with the glow of the sunset highlighting his features more, making his eyelashes appear longer, his hazel eyes looked sparkly and his skin had a glow on it. All in all, Zayn Malik looked like a sinful angel.

"Whatever you say sweetheart. Now, shall we go inside or are you going to act all dramatic once again?" The tanned man smirked, entwining his fingers with Niall's smaller ones and tugged the blonde closer to his body heat. He could just imagine the shocked expression on his mother and father's face when they meet Niall, as his boyfriend. It was going to be epic and the long doors of his house just made the anticipation level increase. He wanted to show them that he was capable of being responsible, he wanted to prove his worth. Niall was the key to that. Niall was perfect; the most loved boy in their area.

"It's your fault! You don't just bring your boyfriend over to meet your parents without talking about it with him first." Niall huffed, letting Zayn drag him towards the main entrance. He could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest, his palm sweating and his breathing laboring. There was absolutely no turning back now, he was about to meet Zayn's parents. If this was some other situation, Niall might have even been excited about it. But here he was meeting Zayn's parents as his fake boyfriend. He was basically going to lie and fake everything, every gesture just to please Zayn. Suddenly, dread filled Niall's stomach. 

"Are you alright?" Zayn asked worriedly, turning his attention over to the blonde. 

"I-I don't think I can lie to your parents Zayn." The expression on the blonde's face broke Zayn's heart. It was funny how a few days ago he didn't even care, so focused with his master plan and his idea of acquiring his dad's business that he never really paid attention to how Niall was feeling but now, he wanted to stop. He wanted to just take a break and listen to Niall, to know how the blonde actually felt about everything. 

"You don't have to do it. I can take you back home if you like," the Pakistani sighed, smiling sadly at the blonde. 

"No no. If it's necessary for you then I'm willing to do it but I'm not going to make up any stories or bullshit about us." Niall turned his blue eyes towards Zayn, staring firmly at the man as if daring him to turn his one condition down.