Chapter 23

"Ma!" Zayn screamed, entering through the metal door without any hurdle. It was his house after all. He would've taken the time to admire his surroundings if Niall's single worded answer wasn't causing the feeling of guilt to bubble in the pit of his stomach. 

Every emotion was too much. He hadn't experienced it so strongly before and it was making him angry. What ticked him off more was the loud noise of high heels behind him, following his rushed footsteps and his panting breath in a silent and eerie manner. Kehlani Parrish's presence was enough to have him angry and irritated. 

"Ma! I fucking need to talk to you." He waited for an answer, running his hand through his hair a million times and tugging on the roots. It was a habit that usually helped his anger dissipate but one look at the figure standing behind him with that over confident smirk of hers, and the anger was back, stronger than before. He suddenly wished that Niall was here. The boy knew how to calm him down and ease his worries away. Zayn could let himself be free in the presence of that bubbly blonde with wide blue eyes that were as clear as the ocean. He looked so pure and innocent, and Zayn knew that behind that fake tough boy act, Niall was nothing more than an innocent child hidden away from all the bad shit in the world.  He wanted the blonde to stay like that forever. 

Just as he was about to drown himself in the thoughts of a certain classmate, the voice of his mother telling him to be quiet came from above the stairs, making Zayn turn around so he was in direct view of the beautiful older woman descending down from it. The white walls with grey spray designs on them added more to Trisha Malik's beauty and just one look at his mother and Zayn's anger was back in full blow. 

"What's wrong now?" Trisha sighed, rubbing the tip of her nose in annoyance. The action made Zayn's eyebrow twitch. There were a list of million things that were wrong but all other issues would have to wait for now. 

"You," he motioned towards Kehlani. "Leave.  This is family matter and you're nothing but an irritating outsider." 

"Zayn! Don't talk to your fiance like that." Trisha gasped, not raising an eyebrow when the girl actually turned around and left. They had been in the same situation too many times to know that it would all lead to a dead end yet the raven haired Pakistani always tried in one way or the other to get his mother to change her goddamn mind. Was it so difficult to know that the girl she wanted him to marry was nothing but an arrogant bitch who was only doing it for the sake of money? Hell, it had been weeks since Kehlani had completely dropped her good girl act and yet, Trisha still wanted him to marry her. "Do you want something to eat, son? I can get the chef to cook something of your choice." 

"I want her gone. Throw her back to USA or wherever the fuck she was before, but I don't want her in the same roof as me. I don't want to chauffeur her around when she fucking knows how to drive. Can't you see how close I am to killing her?" 

"I'll just get some grilled sandwiches made for you." The woman smiled genuinely, tucking her brunette hair in a neat pony tail before getting ready to leave. 

"I don't want to marry her mum. Why can't you understand that?" Zayn sighed, wanting to leave the house altogether. He would've done that if there wasn't everything on the line. The strict rules of the house, his father's dominating attitude, his step brother's annoying antics, his fucking fiance who was nothing but a dumb bimbo, and his mother's ignorance to everything going on, these were reasons enough to push anyone into leaving their house and taking refuge somewhere else. 

"And why can't you stop being a brat and realize that your father is just doing whatever is good for you? The only reason why you are in this position is because you brought it on yourself. Do you have somebody else who will be a better possible marriageable candidate than Kehlani? Somebody who would accept everything that comes with the title of being a Malik? I don't think that anybody would -"