Chapter 28

When Niall woke up, the very first thing he did was pat the other side of the bed, only to find that it was cold. He slowly opened his eyes, warming up to his surroundings before turning around to check whether Zayn was sitting on the chair or doing some other business in some lonely corner of his room but alas, the Muslim was nowhere to be found. 

Shaking his head in distaste, the blonde quickly got up from the bed, sitting in an upright position and shoved the sheets away from his naked body. He winced at the brutal pain that traveled down his spine, making him want to collapse on the floor but somehow, he managed enough courage to ignore it all. There was a nagging in the back of his head, telling him to call Zayn up and demand answers as to why he was left alone after they had just made love for the very first time. He couldn't help but feel rejected, as if Zayn didn't care enough to at least spend the night or just stay for a little while. But there was this other part of him, the one filled with ever crushing male ego, that told him to forget all about the said handsome Pakistani and instead, pretend that everything was alright. Because isn't that what he had been doing ever since he came in terms with his feelings for Zayn? He had been pretending and pretending, to be okay, to be unaffected, to be unconcerned. So he could really pretend some more, especially when he was alone in his bedroom with no one to tell him otherwise. 

Sighing, Niall reached for his wardrobe, quickly bringing forth the cleanest clothes he could find before walking towards the attached bathroom. It was a good thing that his parents weren't the type to interfere in his own personal environment. His bedroom was his sanity and he was glad that his parents respected at least that much. He hurriedly walked inside the bathroom, tossing the clothes in the dry rack before turning the shower on. Once the temperature was warm enough, he walked inside, letting the heated warm wash away the dry substance still sticking to his chest. He could feel his cheeks warming as he scrubbed the crusty material away, not even wanting to think about how he could just let Zayn fuck him like that. 

Niall quickly cleaned the remnants of the event that had taken place on his bed just moments back. He turned the shower off once he was done with washing his hair and his body, before proceeding to grab onto a dry towel. The blonde stood in front of the small mirror above the sink, his eyes watching the line of hickeys scattered down his neck and over his collarbone. He could feel his eyes watering a little as the memories rushed back, making him feel uncomfortable in his own skin. He was so madly in love that he gave his virginity away to a guy who couldn't even stay. And what was the point if Zayn even stayed? That wasn't gong to change the fact that he still had a fiance and a completely planned out life before him. 

The blonde sighed, changing into the fresh pair of shirt and sweater along with sweatpants before rushing out and inside his bedroom. He embraced the warmth of his bed, flopping down on it with a thump and closing his eyes, not daring to let his mind wander down the lane where it was just a stupid lad with gorgeous hair crowding it. 

...

"Niall can you please come down for a while?" The loud female voice, yelling loudly, echoed throughout the house making the blonde wince a little in his bed but he obeyed, reluctantly. Shrugging a sweatshirt over his shoulders, Niall walked down the stairs, trying hard not to let the sleep and drowsiness get to him. He didn't want his parents to question why he had kept himself locked up inside his bedroom all day. It was late at night, and he had successfully managed to skip dinner giving Maura just one reason to yell him to come down.  Niall shuddered at the possibility of being interrogated.

"What is it, mum?" He spoke softly, not wanting to make it seem like anything was out of place. There was a tension in the air though, going unnoticed by the blonde but Maura seemed to be quick enough to catch onto it.