Chapter Two

The two cats walked together. Sage was already proving to be a strong-hearted cat.

"So, how many cats do we need to officially 'found' this clan?" He asked Songbird.

"I'm thinking about four through six, So that way we have plenty of choices of what we want ranks. I'm pretty sure you'll be a deputy though." She purred.

"Awe, Thanks, Songbird." Songbird simply nodded toward him.

"We just met, So I'm not sure I can trust you completely, but you have my trust.. For now." She said. He nodded as the two walked together.

"What exactly are we looking for?" He asked.

"We're looking for a place to set as our camp, Our territory. Part of me wants to be underground, for safety reasons. If we find a hidden system, we'll be sure to check it out. But it cannot be unsafe." She said. She felt weird listening to herself say these things. She felt like a strong, powerful clan leader.

"Or maybe we can find a spot we like, and surround it by rocks?" He asked.

"We'd need two toms for that, but it is also too obvious for a clan. Other clans would notice us, and I'm sure two-legs would, as well." She said, in a conclusion.

"We have to have somewhere to be, Songbird.." Sage mumbled. Hope sparked inside of Songbird.

"I have an idea!" She cried loudly. She raced off, a bit more towards ThunderClan territory.

"Songbird! Be careful!" Sage yowled, chasing after her.

"Quiet!" She snapped when he got closer to her.

The two stopped at ThunderClan border.

"What're we doing here?" Sage asked, Wonder in his eyes.

"Just wait." The two sat there for what seemed like moons, until suddenly they heard a wail.

"SONGBIRD!" The voice cried, Leaping onto her. Sage watched the two she-cats as they had their familiar manner.

"Sweetwing! Hey." Sweetwing looked up to Sage.

"Whose he?" She asked.

"This is Sage. Hey, is your mate... Or your... You know. Is he cool with me?" Sweetwing shrugged.

"I guess he's okay with you."

"Good. Meet me and Sage here at moon-high." Songbird said. Sweetwing nodded.

"Sure. Bye Songbird, Sage." She nodded to them.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sage asked, his fur on end.

"Yeah." Songbird paused.

"Smokestep might not exactly like us, but if he's willing to be a founder, then..." Sage looked at Songbird. They're eyes met a moment, until Sage looked away.

"Well, was this all of your idea?" Sage asked after long moments of silence.

"Oh!! Thanks for reminding me. Sage, Follow me." The two started to climb up a hill, and it was perfect. Trees covered the outer edges, and in the middle was a clearing. Between all of the outer sided trees, there was one very large, tall tree.

"Wow...This place is more beautiful then I remember." Songbird said. Sage was silent. Songbird turned to look at him and his eyes were wide with disbelief.

"This place is perfect for a new clan." Sage finally said.

"This will be the place we stay for the rest of our lives." Songbird added.

"This place is where future generations will stay, forever." Sage finished. The two smiled at each other, and began making more plans for their future clan.