Chapter Thirteen

It was now late as Sagestar and Jess finished the nursery. They were getting ready to move on when they noticed the sky.

"This is exhausting." Jess mewed, looking at Sagestar.

"Yes, I'm still excited to introduce you to our other clan-mates though. Our founder is currently gone, and I'm getting worried about her." Sagestar murmured.

"I'm sure she'll be back soon." Jess smiled. Graypool walked out of the medicine den, spotting Jess, but continued walking.

"Graypool!" Sagestar called.

"Yes, Sagestar?" She asked as she got closer.

"Where is Songbird? I'm getting horribly worried."

"I sent her to ShadowClan and RiverClan territory for some herbs. She'll be back in a few days, I assume." Sagestar's heart sunk as he heard those words.

"Anyways, why do you care? She's my apprentice." Sagestar fell silent.

"She's still apart of the Clan." Graypool smirked and turned, getting ready to walk away.

"Wait!" Sagestar meowed.

"What?" She asked.

"This is Jess." Graypool looked at her, scanning down her.

"Is she a replacement for Songbird?" She asked, smirking. Sagestar knew the old she-cat was trying to get on his nerves as he flicked the tip of his tail, dismissing her.

"Who is Songbird?" Jess asked.

"Our founder, like I said earlier. I used to have feelings for her, but since she's going to be a medicine cat, she can't have a mate." Jess looked at him.

"Oh." Jess mewed. She didn't really seem to care about that situation. Sagestar flicked his ears.

After awhile, he saw the sun starting to rise. Sweetwing came out of the warrior den.

"Oh, wow!" She meowed in surprise.

"Is that the new nursery? It looks great!" She praised. Sagestar smiled.

"Thanks, me and Jess have been working on it all night." Sweetwing blinked.

"It's amazing how you two carved that root into the den, it looks amazing, too! We should put rocks in the back of the dens, that way it stays warm. You know, large rocks?" Sweetwing explained. Sagestar rolled his eyes at the over-excited she-cat.

"Anyways, Jess was it? Nice to meet you! I'm Sweetwing." She purred.

Jess smiled at Sweetwing.

"Nice to meet you too. How long have you all been living here?" She asked.

"Wow, I don't really know. We've been here for a little while.." Sweetwing trailed off.

"Speaking of that," Sagestar mewed, interrupting their conversation. "How're your kits doing?" He asked.

Sweetwing looked at him.

"They'll be coming in awhile. A moon or so." Sagestar gulped. A moon? How long have they been here? It seemed like such a short time, but yet they were a growing clan. He smiled softly to himself, and for a moment, all his worries seem to fade away. He was enjoying his new life.