Chapter Seventeen ||END OF BOOK ONE||

[WARNING: Some content below may be gruesome and hard to imagine. Continue at your own risk!]

Songbird blinked in surprise. One moment, she was with Blazeclaw, Spiderfang, and Shyfoot. But now, she was in pitch darkness.

"What happened...?" She murmured. Suddenly, the area lit up. But shadows were long, and darker then usual. She was standing in front of her camp. Then, she saw something that caught her eye. A white she-cat, with yellow eyes.

"Is.. is that me?" When Songbird tried to step forward, the cat started moving as she trotted up the hill. Songbird decided to.. Follow herself. She followed closely along as a dark brown tom cat- he looked about an age of an apprentice- smiled at her.

"Songbird! Welcome back!" He purred. Songbird studied the tom. He was dark brown with a white chest, and dark yellow eyes.

"Songbird's back!?" A high-pitch voice squealed as a young she-cat ran over. She was almost pure white, but had light brown speckles on her shoulder.

"Oakpaw! Smallpaw! How're my kits?" Songbird's eyes widened as she stared at the cat that was suppose to be her. Kits? She decided to call 'herself' Song.

"Were good! Graypaw is waiting for you, and we were going to go training with Blackpaw!" Songbird blinked in surprise. Suddenly, the image froze. Another cat appeared.

"Aspenmist! Is that you? What's happening here?" Aspenmist ignored her question.

"This is your future Songbird. Songbird's Future is the most important." Suddenly, shadowy tendrils burst from the ground, grabbing Oakpaw and Smallpaw.

"A-are these my kits!?" Songbird cried, almost demanding an answer.

"Whose the father? What is happening?" Then, the two apprentices seemed to explode, and the illusion shattered.

"That is not what's going to happen. The representation is suppose to show you about how much danger your kits may be in. Before you question me, yes, you are expecting. You are due in three moons, Songbird." Aspenmist explained.

"As for who the father is, who do you think?" Aspenmist challenged in a threatening tone.

"This is a warning, Songbird. Watch your kits with all eyes. Many things will happen, and you will grow stronger. I'm very curious to what will happen in your journeys, I will be watching you, young Songbird. Continue to be strong. Continue on." Songbird was wordless.

"For FireClan."