Chapter Six

"What!?" Songbird heard Sagefoot's snap from behind her.

"Are you really inviting this elder to be our medicine cat!?" Sagefoot hissed furiously. Songbird gave him cold judgemental eyes.

"Would you rather die?" Sagefoot then fell silent. Graypool nodded a thanks to Songbird.

"I'll check out your camp, But if I don't like it, I'm leaving." Songbird nodded.

"Follow me, then." She led the way back up the hill. Sagefoot walked by her side.

"What about herb collecting?" Sagefoot asked.

"It's fine, If I stay, I can collect some with one of you." Graypool said from behind.

"So, How many of you are there?" Graypool asked.

"We have four, if you come, we'd have five." Songbird said. Graypool nodded.

"I think I'll fit in with you young cats." Graypool said, showing a sharp-toothed smile. They walked through the trees and ended up in the clearing. Smokefoot was working on the dens.

"Smokefoot! Where'd Sweetwing go?" Songbird called. Smokefoot stopped working and walked over, throwing a glance to Graypool.

"Sweetwing went hunting. Who is this?" Smokefoot asked.

"I'm Graypool." The elder she-cat said.

"Yeah, she might become our medicine cat." Smokefoot looked at Graypool.

"Ah, well, right now we don't really have the medicine den finished yet, so you'll just have to sleep inside the leader den with us." Smokefoot said, Glaring at Sagefoot.

"I'm not complaining." Graypool said, Going inside the den and plopping down.

"Pretty comfortable. You cats have out-done yourselves." Graypool complimented.

"It's not finished till it's finished." Songbird said. Graypool nodded.

"I'll help you work on the medicine den, and collecting herbs." Graypool said.

"I'm still not sure if I'm staying, but if I am, this place has to be perfect." Songbird saw Sagefoot playfully roll his eyes.

"Right. So, you said there's only four of you?" The older she-cat asked.

"Yeah, that's right." Songbird confirmed.

"Songbird, Sagefoot, Smokestep, Sweetwing. Who is your leader out of you?" The three of them suddenly tensed up.

"Leader...? We haven't decided yet." Sagefoot said. Graypool smirked.

"You should let me chose." Songbird's eyes widened.

"W-What? Why?" Songbird asked. Graypool nodded.

"I am old enough that I saw a leader die- and have a new leader pick up. You can surely trust me with that responsibility, can't you?" Songbird looked at the two toms whose pelt's were sparking between each other. They weren't paying attention. Songbird rolled her eyes.

"Sure. I accept your offer." Suddenly, a gray and white pelt burst through the camp tunnel.

"We have trouble!" Sweetwing said loudly, Only tossing a single look to Graypool.

"Hide!" Songbird hissed loudly as they all shot off in different directions. Songbird's ears perked as she peaked around the tree she was hiding behind. Graypool was by her side, and Sagefoot from afar nodded to Songbird. Songbird nodded back as she saw him hide his head again. She listened closely.

"I think you've got bees in your brain, Beesting." A warrior said. Songbird recgonized the voice. "Ashblaze." Beesting let out a sigh, her ears perked.

"I swear I heard something from here. And I've been on edge since Sweetwing and Smokefoot have vanished. They left with no warning." Beesting said.

"I know, Beesting. They're probably with Songbird-" Ashblaze started before getting interuptted.

"Look! There's claw marks on this tree. And those roots look oddly formed, wouldn't you agree?" Beesting asked. Songbird saw Ashblaze roll his eyes and shake his head. "Were wasting time. Let's go." Beesting glared at him as he began walking off, and did one final glance before following him. Songbird waited a moment, then walked out of her hiding spot, followed by the others.

"You saved us, Sweetwing. Thank you." Sweetwing nodded, taking a breath of relief.

"Anything for the sake of FireClan." She said.

"Anyways, Whose this cat?" She asked, her worriedness bubbling away, and easily replaced by excitement.

"I'm Graypool. Former medicine cat of RiverClan." Graypool explained.

"Don't introduce yourself like that." Sweetwing said sharply.

"You are a FireClan cat now."