Chapter Seven

Sagefoot looked at Smokestep as Songbird spoke to Sweetwing. She looked like she had admired what Sweetwing had said. After sometime, Sweetwing climbed the large tree and looked at the gathered cats.

"I'm having kits! I am proud to announce they will be the first kits of FireClan!" Sagefoot felt a sharp feeling of jealousy. He looked at Songbird who looked very happy for her friend. Sagefoot took a deep breath before walking away. He slowly walked down the hill and picked up a strong scent.

"What's this horrible smell?" He asked, then saw cats walking quite a distance ahead of him.

"Are they ThunderClan cats...?" He asked himself as he looked at the small group of gathered cats. Three were bigger, older looking cats.

"They must be.. Warriors. Right. And I'm a warrior too. A warrior of FireClan." He breathed deeply.

"If I keep this up, Songbird will surely hate me.." He then scented a mouse- inside the other territory. He wanted to catch it. Not for himself, but for Songbird. He stepped past the sharp horrible scent and crouched down. His belly scraped the ground as he stalked forward.

"INTRUDER!" His ears perked as he watched the mouse scamper away. He looked up, seeing two older cats then him. One was gray with black stripes- the one that had been in his camp earlier. The other was unfamiliar.

"Who are you?" The female demanded. Sagefoot's eyes met her, but he did not move.

"Sagefoot."

"Sagefoot? Your a clan cat? You don't smell like any of the clans." The tom said confused.

"Maybe he's an exile." The female agreed.

"It doesn't matter. He's still an intruder!" The tom snarled. The female got her fur fluffed up until a bright white pelt caught his eyes, ripping Beesting away from him.

"Songbird!"  Sagefoot's eyes were wide with confusion, and amazement. "You leave my clan-mate alone!" She snapped. The tom was standing there in fear, as if he was frozen, and couldn't believe what had happened.

"You have no clan!" The she-cat spat.

"You never will!" She growled, finishing herself.

"That's what you think. StarClan protects FireClan, and even if killing is wrong.." She shot a glance to Sagefoot with a bright smile.

"I'll always protect my clan-mates." Then, her claws shed over the females neck, just enough to snap the tom back to reality.

"MURDERER! BEESTING IS DEAD!" He yowled, before tucking his tail in between his legs and running. Songbird quickly looked at Sagefoot.

"RUN!" She yowled.

"Songbird- Your paws! You'll lead them to us!" Sagefoot said, still somewhat startled.

"I know what I'm doing. I'll meet you back at camp." Sagefoot nodded, running off. He glanced over his shoulder to see that she rubbed the wet blood on 'Beesting's' pelt, and then she ran off towards the river.

As he walked back into camp, Graypool immediately greeted him.

"Sagefoot's back. What happened to Songbird?" Before Sagefoot could respond, Graypool had spotted something.

"What's this...?" She asked. She leaned down and sniffed his shoulder.

"Blood! Why do you have blood on you!?" The elder cried, freaking out.

"Are you hurt!?" She asked. Sagefoot quickly shook his head.

"Beesting is dead. She was killed by Songbird.. Songbird's getting refreshed right now, and clean." Suddenly, a jet black pelt burst out of a near by bush.

"Did you just say Songbird killed a cat!? Sweetwing, we need to go back to ThunderClan." Sweetwing shot out of the bush.

"What? There's no way I'm leaving my clan!" Sweetwing hissed.

"Then I'm going back to ThunderClan," He growled. "And I'll tell them where you are." The three cats tensed in fear.

"Don't listen to him. I've killed a cat today, one more won't be a problem." Songbird called as she walked inside their clan's tunnel.

"I'd like to see you try." Smokefoot got ready to pounce until Sagefoot stood in front of Songbird.

"Leave, then." Sagefoot taunted.

"Your mate will hate you, and your kits won't even know who you are. Just another cat, that they don't care about." Sagefoot dared.

"You have a choice." Graypool nodded. Sagefoot looked over to her, and so did Songbird.

"You can die here, or you can live happily here." Graypool mewed, then looked at Songbird. "I know who the first FireClan leader will be."