Chapter Five

Songbird soon woke up in her territory. Sage, Smokestep and Sweetwing were gone. She blinked. Why would they leave? Did they go hunting? Suddenly, a light orange she-cat with white specks and light green eyes appeared.

"A-Aspenmist?" Songbird choked. Aspenmist was silent a moment.

"Do you understand that killing is wrong? That you must always help the young, even if they are in different clans?" Aspenmist asked. Songbird swallowed hard.

"I feel so much regret for what I've done to you... So much regret, and pain... Please... Don't make me suffer this, too." Aspenmist shook her head.

"Songbird, in the name of StarClan, we gift to you, the fire blessing." Songbird's eyes widened.

"The Fire Blessing?" She asked.

"Yes." Aspenmist paused, Searching Songbird's amber eyes.

"You have received our blessing. You will be called FireClan." Songbird breathed hard.

"Really?" Aspenmist nodded.

"Do not worry. This is just a dream. Your new clan-mates are still sleeping next to you." Songbird nodded.

"One final thing, Songbird." Aspenmist said.

"Sage and Smoke will clash, Tearing bonds apart. One will prove worthy, while the other deceptive." With that, Aspenmist vanished, and Songbird woke up.

This was the clan's first prophecy. It's focused on Sage and Smokestep? But why? Sage woke up shortly after Songbird.

"Songbird, are you alright...? It's only dawn..." He said with a yawn.

"I had a dream." Songbird announced, Shaking everyone awake. They all looked at her, ready to hear what she had to say.

"Aspenmist came to me in a dream." Songbird started.

"She said that we have received StarClan's blessing, and gave us the name 'FireClan'."

"Amazing!" Sweetwing said, almost yowling.

"Anything else?" Smokestep asked. Songbird shook her head. She had decided to keep the prophecy part to herself. She wouldn't tell them unless she knew more about it. Sage was quiet, and he even looked awkward.

"Oh, Sage. Aspenmist is the cat I told you about earlier." She said, but Sage's look got worse. Sweetwing noticed and smiled.

"I have an idea." She started.

"Let's make Sage a warrior." Sage's eyes widened.

"W-What? Really?" He said, but Songbird could read that his different side was there.

"Sure." Songbird said. "I have the perfect name for you." She clawed her way up the tree, and stopped on a branch. Seeing as of all cats were already gathered, she nodded.

"Sage. Do you accept to protect FireClan- And your clan-mates- At the cost of your own life?" Sage's eyes were wide. Songbird prayed to StarClan that he would say yes.

"I.. I do." He finally said after moments.

"Good! In the name of StarClan, I give you your warrior name, Sagefoot!" Sweetwing and Smokestep called his name. Even Smokestep looked happy for once. Songbird smiled, a blush coming across her face. As she sat on the branch, She looked down into the Clan camp of ThunderClan. It looked busy as usual.

"I have an announcement to make tonight!" Sweetwing said with a smile.

"If that's okay with you, Songbird."

"Sure." Songbird said.

"Sagefoot," Sagefoot looked up at Songbird as he heard his new name. "Yes?" He asked.

"Let's go collect herbs together." She noticed a small dip in his behavior, but she brushed it off.

"Well, Let's go." Songbird said, Hearing Sagefoot pad after her. They walked side by side. Songbird smiled, Getting closer to Sagefoot and their fur pressed together. He had a guilt of look on his face when she did.

"Sagefoot." She said, trying to be firm.

"What's wrong?" Sagefoot looked at her.

"What do you mean, What's wrong? I'm normal." He said in a stressful tone.

"Sagefoot. I'll ask one more time. What's wrong? You know you can trust me." She said, prodding his shoulder. Sagefoot let out a long-drawn out sigh.

"Fine, Songbird!" He said, Practically shouting.

"I don't believe in StarClan!" He huffed, Songbird's eyes were wide at how loud he was.

"I don't believe in StarClan, and then I find out the she-cat I... I like, is attracted to other she-cats! It's you Songbird. I can't be apart of this clan. This guilt is eating me..." Sagefoot finished, guilt in his tone.

"No... Don't leave Sagefoot. We need you.. I.. I'm not attracted to other she-cats anymore." She breathed.

"But I'm not attracted to you, either." She said, feeling like her words echoed.

"You have to give me time, Okay? I need you to be apart of FireClan." She thrust her muzzle towards him.

"Please." Her amber eyes met his green ones.

"Fine..." He said softly, with a small smile on his face.

"Well, well... Isn't this cute?" A voice said, Startling both of the cats. Songbird unsheathed her claws.

"Who are you!?" She demanded.

"Show yourself!" Sagefoot growled, backing up Songbird.

"Two against One...? You clan cats really don't play fair... FireClan? Are you two kits? Making up your own clan?"

"Scared to say those words to our face?" Songbird challenged. They both heard an annoyed hiss as a light gray she-cat with a white muzzle and tail tip came out. She was very fluffy with dark blue eyes.

"There, happy now?" She snarled.

"Who are you?" Sagefoot asked.

"Former medicine cat, Graypool." She said, Her fur flattening, but claws still unsheathed. Songbird sheathed her claws.

"Graypool? A former medicine cat...? I've seen you before! You were apart of RiverClan." Songbird mewed.

"Yes, this is true. I was. I got banished for having kits." Graypool murmured.

"I was banished too." Songbird said, and Graypool's eyes lit up a bit.

"I was banished for 'killing' a cat. I didn't really kill her, She just drowned in front of me. She was a ShadowClan cat." Graypool looked at Songbird.

"Looks like we have some things in common. Who are you two?" Graypool asked.

"I'm Songbird, and this is Sagefoot. He's a former rogue." Graypool smirked.

"Oh, so that's why he doesn't believe in StarClan then..." Songbird nodded her head 'yes.'

"But please, Don't tell any cat, please?" Songbird asked. Graypool nodded. "Sure... So about this 'FireClan' you speak of..." She started. Songbird's eyes slightly widened.

"Ah, right, Sorry. Me and Sagefoot have our own clan here, it's called FireClan. We have received StarClan's blessing." She purred.

"But..." Songbird paused.

"We need a medicine cat."