Chapter Fifteen

Songbird followed the toms back to their home as she thought about what the toms had done to save her. The memory slowed flooded back into her head.

The searing pain in Songbird's tail had consumed her. She had thought she was going to die. She still held onto the fence, too afraid to let go.

"Spiderfang, now!" The two toms leaped into the yard and easily caught the dog's attention. Songbird continued trying to pull herself up over the fence. She couldn't. She turned her head to glance over her shoulder as she saw the black tom, Spiderfang, attacking the dog. Then, she saw a blaze of yellow and Blazeclaw head butted her, forcing her over the fence.

"Retreat!" Blazeclaw called, and the two leaped over the fence, looking at her. Spiderfang had the herbs in his jaws that Songbird had dropped.

"Hey, Songbird. StarClan to Songbird." Spiderfang meowed. Songbird turned her head to look at him.

"Oh, sorry. What is it?"

"Were here. You might have to squish through the entrance, but it should be good." Spiderfang explained. She looked at the two close together trees with two rocks. She nodded and went in first. She was introduced to a small grove. In the middle- surprisingly enough, was a Willow tree.

"Bro- Who are you..?" A shy voice croaked. Songbird looked over to see a small she-cat. She was also a golden color, and had a brown chest. The same colors as Blazeclaw. Her eyes were green too.

"This is my sister." Blazeclaw explained from behind, startling Songbird.

"Her name is Shyfoot. Yes, she actually is a warrior just like us. She's a bit short though.."

"Another cat? This is great! She can join too." Songbird simply nodded.

"Shyfoot, this is Songbird. She's a warrior of FireClan."

"FireClan? Do you have bees in your brain?" Shyfoot asked her brother, her ears flicking.

"He might." Songbird purred teasingly, earning a soft glare from Blazeclaw.

"But no. I am a founder, a founder of FireClan. I am originally from ThunderClan." Songbird explained.

Blazeclaw nodded.

"Yes, infact, we are going with her, and taking our supplies, too." Shyfoot looked at the cats.

"I refuse to go." She meowed.

"You have just met this stranger, and yet you think it is good to go with her? You two are stupid." Spiderfang rested his tail tip on her shoulder.

"Stop being over-protective of us, Shyfoot. Songbird is clearly a friendly she-cat." Spiderfang meowed, shooting a smile at Songbird. Shyfoot sighed.

"Fine." Blazeclaw smiled.

"Now come, Songbird. Let me treat you." He meowed as Songbird nodded, following him.

Blazeclaw led the way to a few rocks, he reached his paw inside a hole and pulled out more than a mouth full of herbs. He took some, chewed them and placed them on Songbird's tail.

"Thanks.. Hey Blazeclaw, do you happen to have Colts-foot, or Fever-few?" Blazeclaw looked at her.

"Yeah, I do actually. Why?"

"I really need them for my friend, she's expecting kits." Songbird explained, as she began thinking of Sagestar. She felt a surge of pain.

"Ah, I see." Blazeclaw meowed, snapping Songbird out of her sad state.

"So, are you a medicine cat?" He asked.

"In training, yes. I always helped with the herbs in ThunderClan, so with my knowledge, I thought it'd be a great idea to become a medicine cat." Blazeclaw nodded, as he pressed a herb on her tail. Songbird winced.

"Sorry." Blazeclaw said with sympathy.

"It's fine." She meowed. She looked at Blazeclaw.

"If he stays in the clan awhile, then maybe he could become-"

Suddenly, Spiderfang ran up.

"How long until Songbird recovers?" He asked. Blazeclaw looked at him, his brows furrowing.

"A few days, maybe. Why?"

"We've got trouble!"