The Day Even Started Off Badly

WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 13 so do not expect a well written story or coherent plot. Just sit back, relax, and ignore flaws. Enjoy the poorly-constructed ride!

Also, I do not own Avatar: The Last Air Bender, The Mortal Instruments, or Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse. Any references to those I do not own either.

ENJOY!

"AAAAAAHHHHH!" I screeched, launching myself off my bed and climbing clumsily on top of my dresser. I had woken up to see the great monster of the land on my sheets.

Kenzie burst through the door breathlessly. "Cassie! What is it!?"

"SPIDER! AAAAAAHHHHH, 911, THERES A SPIDER ON MY BED! UGH KILL IT, KILL IT NOW!!"

"Seriously? Look, just calm down-"

"NO, YOU CALM DOWN!"

"Cass, it's only a little-"

"I DONT CARE HOW SMALL IT IS, I WANT IT DEAD."

She sighed, "Fine, fine."

I watched as she picked out a discarded FlipFlop from on the ground, walked over to the bed and brought it down hard on the bloodthirsty little beast.

"UGH NOW THERES SPIDER ON MY FLIPFLOP! GET IT OFF!" I hollered.

She grabbed a paper on my desk and rubbed the spider off my shoe, spitting on it for good measure.

"There. For you,"  Kenz held my shoe out to me.

"PUT THAT BACK," I slapped it out of her hand and it flopped back on the carpet.

She rolled her eyes, "Are you ready yet? Justin's going to arrive soon."

"I'm getting ready. And I hope that wasn't my resume you wiped spider on," I responded and pushed her out the door. She opened her mouth to protest but I slammed it in her face.

Then I brushed my hands together and began the long process called 'Getting Ready'.

Kenzie yelled, "You're welcome!" From outside the door and I smiled.

Kenzie was my other half. She had gorgeous wavy brown hair and green eyes that had a permanent mischievous glint to them. I'd known her for my whole life, she was like the  batteries to my phone, or the Frapuccino to my Starbucks. We're just better together.

Plus, she knows me and still chooses to be seen with me in public.

I pulled on a sunflower crop top that just reached the waist band on my jean shorts and slid my feet into my freshly wiped flipflops. My blonde hair was left wavy and down and I looked the mirror.

As I checked myself out like I usually do, I vaguely wondered if the spider had laid eggs in my mouth.

I shivered.

Those were not pleasant morning thoughts. 

I walked over to the door and flung it open.

"I'm ready!" I said.

''Good, because they're here," Kenz replied, grabbing my arm. She  hauled me down the stairs. Kenzie was living with my family while her parents were on a month long business trip and she'd already made herself quite at home, I should say.

Anyway, she pulled me out the front door and locked it.

"Let's be off!" I smiled.

"I'm way ahead of you," She ran past me and I ran too, quickly over taking her.