Fun Times

"I have a proposition!" Luke proposed. "We should play that game where we all go around and name two true things that we've done, and then one lie."

"Two Truths and a lie?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Yes," He smiled, as if very pleased by this idea. "I'll go first. My favorite color is red, my middle name is Jeff, and I am a very good cook."

I thought. "Well, I already know you can't cook. I've had your salad, which is pretty hard to mess up."

"Correct!" He grinned, "Your turn."

"Hmm," I mused, "Well, I got in trouble for hiding a ham in my suitcase at the airport, I accidentally impaled a dead bird on a stick, and  I got in trouble for pretending to rob a store with a ski mask on last year."

Kenzie poked her finger at me. "The last one."

I frowned, "No, the second one is a lie, Kenz, you were there when I robbed the store."

She frowned, "Oh yeah. My turn; My best friend is my mother, my mother is my grandmother, and my grandmother is my mother's mother."

"The first?" Luke asked.

She smiled, "Nope! It's the last one!"

Me and Jason spoke at once.

"The second one doesn't even make sense!" Jason said.

"I thought I was your best friend!" I said at the same time.

Kenzie shrank down into her seat, "Don't yell at me!"

"Whatever," Jason said. "Here's mine; So I was a model at Abercrombie and Fitch, I slipped a creepy note to someone under a bathroom stall, and I made out with Luke's sister once."

"What?!" Luke yelled.

"I'm hoping the last one," I said, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Nope, the middle one," He smiled.

We sat in a disturbed silence as the Waitress walked by.

"Can I take your Order?" she said, flipping out a notepad.

"Can I have your chocolate waffles?" I asked.

She made a funny face, "Those are a dessert."

I looked at the menu again. "But it is a waffle, and a waffle is a breakfast item."

Her face went funny and she scribbled down my order.

"Can I have the Four Pancake Platter, but with only three pancakes?" Kenzie asked.

"So... you want the Three Pancake Plate?" She said, pointing to another Pancake dish with just three Pancakes.

Kenz frowned, "No thank you, I would rather have the four pancake platter, minus one. I like platters."

The waitress wrote that down, muttering under her breath.

Jason went next, "Can I have your Eggs Benedict, Double Waffle Plate, Bacon platter, Biscuit Basket, and a side order of curly fries?"

She scribble some more and turned to Luke.

"Can I have a waffle?" He said.

She smiled and wrote. Then she turned on her heel and walked to the kitchen.

"She was nice," Kenzie smiled.

I turned to Luke.

"A waffle?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I like waffles."

We all talked and laughed until a new man came back and distributed our plates.

"What happened to the other girl?" I asked.

The new guy said, "She quit."