The Mark

"I killed him," I whispered to myself as we all crowded the dinner table.

"You had to," Kenzie reminded, "He was going to kill you."

"I guess," I muttered and turned away. The others had all killed the rouges before Scott, Ryan and a bunch of others came in to help, so they rode back with us as extra protection.

"I still can't believe you managed to kill a wolf that size," Jake smiled proudly. He didn't get it. None of them did. I took a life I knew nothing about. Maybe he had a wife and kids, maybe he was doing this to protect them. Maybe I just need to tough up.

I sighed and scooted my chair out, heading for my bedroom. I heard Jason follow and together we mounted the stairs.

We reached his room and I flopped on the bed.

"What's up, I know somethings wrong. I can feel it," He said, leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed.

"Oh nothing, just the usual," I rolled my eyes, still staring at the ceiling. He sighed and came over to sit next to me.

"That wasn't your fault you know, you would be dead right now if you hadn't."

"That's true but it doesn't make it right," I argued. Ugh, I needed to stop wallowing in my misery.

Jason took my face in his hands and forced me to look at him.

"Look, you are the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful and caring person I know and every who knows you knows that you would never never never do that unless you had to. I love you and I know you feel awful right now, but I'm right here if you need me."

I managed a small smile and he brought his lips to mine. A spark of electricity lit between us and it was as if a small fire had started burning within me. He started softly, but then the kisses grew more intense, more demanding. He pulled me impossibly closer and moved his lips down to my neck.

"Now tell me, Cassie, what is your full name?" His lips tickled my skin as he spoke.

"Cassietta," I breathed. (Pronounced Cass-E-et-a)

"Can I mark you?" He asked breathlessly.

"What was my answer last time?"

He smirked, "I bet I could change your mind."

"You can try."

And so he did. He'd kiss me for a second, and then pull away centimeters away from my lips. Every time I moved to kiss him, he'd duck and return to trailing kisses along my jaw.

He slowly kissed his path down to my neck and began kissing the skin there, sending delicious tingles throughout me. When He reached my sweet spot I involuntary shuddered and he took that as a sign to keep going. He sucked the spot lightly and I gasped.

"Fine," I muttered, my defenses crumbling. Well, it was a good try.

He smirked, "What was that?"

"Bite me mark me, whatever..." I said, my body craving his touch.

"Ok," He grinned and without hesitation, he sank his teeth into my neck.

I screamed shrilly and my nails dug into his shoulders, ripping the fabric beneath them. After a second though it died down and I was left feeling only pleasure. He pulled out and suddenly I could no longer support myself and I collapsed into Jason's arms.

"It's normal to be tired after...marking...get...sleep..." His voice faded away as I drifted into unconsciousness.