WOLVES

Who else has a sudden craving for Oreos??

"You ready?" I asked Kenz. She narrowed her eyes in concentration.

"Ready."

I hoisted myself up onto the windowsill and let my feet dangle outside the house for a second. Jason and Luke had to leave for some last minute meeting or some rubbish like that and we were determined not to mess up this escape mission.

Second times the charm, as I always say!

Before I could second guess myself I slid off the ledge and for a moment I was airborne, but then my feet smacked into the dirt. I stumbled for a second, but quickly regained my balance.

While I was dancing around in my victory, I hadn't noticed that Kenzie had also slid off the ledge until she slammed down on top of me, knocking me to the ground.

"Why must you always do this?" I wheezed. She whispered another quick apology before scooting off of me. I shakily climbed to my feet and began jogging into the massive forest, singing Meghan Trainor songs.

We had made a fairly good distance until suddenly, we heard jogging. Kenzie and I had started to turn to the other direction when three buff men stepped out from the foliage. One blonde and two brunettes, all with jagged scars.

Kenzie poked my side, "There are guys!"

I frowned, "Thanks. I can always count on you to relentlessly point out the obvious."

"What are you two lovely things doing on this side of the woods?" The blonde asked in a hard, gruff voice.

"Where are your mates? Did you get lost?" One mock pouted.

"Who's going to protect you now?" The last one grinned, giving me chills.

I turned to Kenzie and whispered, "If it comes to it, you run, I'll distract them."

She snorted, "Yeah, you'd probably trip and kill yourself. And like heck I'm leaving you with the scary grandpas, we stay together."

"But it's safer that way," I said, "I can outrun them, assuming I don't trip and die."

She clenched her fists, "We stick together, because together, we are Team Victim!"

I crinkled my nose, "Team Victim? I think we need to come up with a better name."

Suddenly, her eyes widened with realization. She pulled me close and hissed, "Cass, it's a trap."

I turned to her and planted my hands on my hips, "Really? No kidding! Is that why we're surrounded by guys who want to hurt us? Gee, how'd you figure out is was a trap."

She rolled her eyes, "Not for us, O Wise One. For the Kidnapers. We're the bait."

My lips formed a small oh in understanding. That would make sense. I noticed a guy advancing and I thought up a way to stall.

"Back off, punk!" I shouted. "I'm warning you, I have-uh- something pointy!"

He raised his eyebrows, "Really? Show it to me."

I gulped, "Ok, fine."

He nodded, "Well, go on."

"I'm am."

"Hurry up!"

"I'm not good under pressure!"

"Ugh, we don't have time for this," He complained and they all walked towards us.

I quickly grabbed a rock off the ground and threw it at someone's head.

"Ow!" Kenzie complained. Whoops!

I grabbed another and threw it.

A guy cursed and I shouted, "Run!"

I quickly pushed Kenzie to the left and we tried to run out of there when we heard a growl behind us and the sound of cracking bones. I turned and gasped.

No. Freaking. Way.

Gone were the three men who had creeped us out and in their place were two huge brown wolves.

"Wha-the-animal-it's-what?!" I spluttered in shock. The wolves swallowed hungrily and I thought, oh my god. The wolves ate the guys!! WHAT IF THEY EAT ME TOO?!

"THOSE ARE WOLVES!" Kenz screamed. Wow, no kidding.

"UM, MAYBE WE SHOULD RUN?!" I yelled.

"PROBABLY," She decided and we turned on our heels and ran.

Together we stampeded through the forest, ducking branches and fallen trees until, of course, I tripped.

"AHHH!" I cried as I sprawled out on the dirt.

So this is how I'll die. Killed by my own clumsiness.

Wow, and I was pretty sure I'd die by making a sarcastic comment at the wrong time