Meeting Even More Others

GUYS!! Do me a favor and wish my best friend Hannah a happy birthday down in the comments!

It's her sixteenth birthday, so I got her the only present that made sense. Some Vegetable-infused handcreme.

I woke up the next morning regretting only showing up to two days of self defense class. And we never even used weapons the first day! We just learned useless stuff like how to pick a lock, how to get out of binds, and how to tell if someone was lying. Hey wait a second- couldn't I have used the lock picking on the first night? Well I feel stupid.

The second day we learned to wield knives, but were was I going to find knives? Well, I guess there's some in the kitchen, but that's all the way downstairs.

I decided that today I was going to come up with a plan, and hopefully escape, but it seemed like a lot in one day. Still, I'm staying optimistic!

I opened the door just a crack.

Empty.

Just the way I like it.

I crept down the hallway until I heard footsteps coming. Then, I ducked into a random room and quickly shut the door.

"CASSIE?!" A voice behind me gasped. I spun around and saw kenzie, of all people, tied up to the bedpost.

"Wha-b-how- What the heck are you doing Here!?!?" I spluttered, my jaw dropping to the floor.

"After you left I was going to the bathroom to take care of some womanly things when an arm grabbed me and dragged me away. This muscular guy threw me in a van and drove off, Then he tied me up and said he'd come back later. I thought we were the only people who lived here..."

"Both of us kidnapped?? What are the odds of that..." I muttered.

She squirmed a little, "Don't you have something to get me out of this?"

"Oh you're right. Now where did I put my saw."

"This is no time for sarcasm! Untie me," she ordered. There's always time for sarcasm, but nevertheless, I sighed and walked over to her and my fingers nimbly undid the knot. These people may be fit, but they needed to learn how to tie better knots.

"Et voila!" I finished.

"Let's jump out a window!" Kenzie grinned, as if very pleased by her idea.

"Um, that seems a bit extreme."

"No, to try and escape! Why haven't you thought of that?"

"I was working on it," I defended.

She rolled her eyes, "Let's find a window."

I hopped off her bed. But, I lost my balance and fell. My body hit the carpet and I let out an "Oomph!"

But suddenly, something under the bed caught my eye. I gasped and wiggled over to pull it out.

"What is it?" Kenz asked. I gave the large chest one last tug and I went to open it.

"Wait!" She cried, causing me to freeze and look over.

I turned to see her hand reaching over to stop me. "What?"

"What if it's a bomb or something! Who knows what kinds of weapons are in there!" She said, gesturing.

I tried to to roll my eyes again, "I seriously doubt that."

"Still. Better safe than sorry," She insisted. I gave up with a sigh. Then I stood and walked over to the door. She followed me and then I shoved her out, jerked the door shut and locked it.

''Hey!" She protested and I dove back towards the huge box and yanked the lid open.

"What is it?" Kenz called.

"Gosh darn it!" I cursed. "I hate when you're right." In the box were assorted knives and swords and axes and other sharp things you kill could me with.

"Aha!" She said triumphantly. "Now open this door so that I can laugh in your face."

"Fine," I grumped and got up to open the door. She barged in, dancing around and laughing in my face. Ouch.

After she calmed down we sat down, wondering what to make of this situation.

"That be cray cray." She commented.

"Tots cray," I replied. Suddenly, lightbulb!

"I have a plan!" I shouted, jumping to my feet and stabbing a finger in the air.

Kenzie jumped up also, "Hey me too! Let's say them at the same time!"

"Keep the weapons and climb out the window!" I suggested as she said,

"Go downstairs and cook breakfast!"

I turned to her. "Nice plan you've got there."

"Thanks," She beamed. "I was positive it was a winner."

That girl does not understand sarcasm.

"I call the twin daggers!" I yelled and snatched them out, along with two sheaths to store in my combat boots.

"I call the short pointy sticks!" She grabbed three small knives and three sheaths.

I slid a small knife in my boot and then tucked the other in my bra. I had no big pockets, so what's a girl to do?

I turned to Kenz with a devilish look in my eyes.

"Now let's get out of here, and look sexy while doing it."

In conclusion, if you ever need gift advice, I'm your girl.