Whoa

Don't be sad, guys. Be a sandwich.

Jason reluctantly climbed to his feet and made his way over to the front of the room as Luke followed.

"Don't freak out," Jason said.

"I'll contain my excitement," I drawled.

The edges of his mouth quirked up into a half smile and he closed his eyes. Jason and Luke took deep breaths and then opened their eyes again.

They were glowing.

Then, their bodies shuddered and I heard the popping and cracking of bones and all of a sudden, they...changed. Suddenly, instead of the two guys standing in front of me, the two huge wolves from earlier, the black and blond ones, stood staring at us.

Kenzie screamed bloody murder.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHASDFGHKL!" She screeched as two guys ran in to check out the commotion. Ryan and Jake I remembered.

"What happened!?" Ryan shouted. His eyes fixed on the the huge wolves in the living room.

"Uh oh. Kenzie, Cassie, get over here," Jake said urgently. But when we tried to move the wolves growled menacingly.

"Wait. Don't move, their wolves are in control."

"Wolves?" Kenzie asked, fear creeping into her voice.

"I don't suppose you mean their talking pet wolves?" I said.

"All werewolves have wolves inside them, who help them shift and take over when they experience extreme negative emotions," Jake explained helpfully.

"I was way off," I said without taking my eyes off the wolves. The blonde one snarled and started walking towards Kenzie.

Oh no you don't.

I jumped in between them and pushed Her further behind me. She let out an irritated noise in the back of her throat, annoyed that I tried to shield her.

The wolf growled and Ryan said, "Out of the way, Cassie. He's going into full protective mode."

But I stayed still, my eyes daring him to get closer.

The blonde wolf growled furiously and tensed as if to spring. I heard Jake and Ryan shout for me to get down but I stayed in my spot, my feet spread apart, facing him head on.

Just as he was about to hit me, the black wolf intercepted him, and they both fell to the floor, thrashing and swiping and knocking furniture over.

I scrambled away and raced up the stairs, Kenzie hot on my heels. We swerved into the nearest room and slammed the door shut with a bang. Kenz locked the door and scooted the desk in front of it while I collapsed on the bed, my mind swirling.

Werewolves exist!? And kidnapped us!?

Too much for one day.

"Oh. My. Goodlord," Kenz breathed.

"Sweet baby Jesus," I said, my eyes as wide as an owl.

"So that's what shifting was," Kenzie thought aloud.

"I think Luke tried to kill me," I frowned.

"That wasn't very cool," She agreed.

My brain thought for a moment as I stared down at the mattress, "Do you think Emily is one too? I bet they are in cahoots."

"I'm tired."

"Me too."

"Goodnight."

And we closed our eyes, letting sleep overtake us.