The Perfect Couple

"What the heck are you doing here!?" I demanded, planting my hands on my hips.

"What do you think?" Connor my Cousin grinned back at me. I gave him a disgusted face before I moved my eyes onto the Kim Kardashian wannabe standing next to him. Brittany. Noticing my staring, she turned and gave my cousin a big kiss on the lips.

I gagged.

"You guys know each other?!" I exclaimed.

"Don't tell me that is the strangest thing you've seen all day," Connor smirked. Oh how badly I wanted smack the smile off his face. We were no longer best friends. We were frenemies.

Brittany slinked her hand into his, "He's my boyfriend. The one that interrupted our, ah, conversation the other day."

"Oh joy," I narrowed my eyes, unsure of what was going on. Though I had to admit, they were perfect for each other.

Jason grabbed my arm, "Cass, get back inside the house."

I looked at him straight in the eye, "No thanks."

"As much as I enjoy watching you two lovebirds argue, I came here for a reason," Connor my Cousin interrupted.

Kenzie piped up, "Well I hope you've come to apologize."

He looked at her, his eyes filled with intense hatred, "Don't talk to me you little-"

"Oh shut up Connor," I cut him off. "I think everyone is aware of your feelings towards her. Cut to the darn chase."

"Wow, she cusses," A rouge smirked.

"Want to see what else I do?" I tried to step forward but Katie grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

"Ok," Connor my Cousin held his hand up, "Here's the deal. Cassie, if you just peaceful come with us: no one gets hurt."

So this must be why those guys stopped me in Taco Bell.

"Hmmmm," I pondered, "No thanks."

"So be it," He grinned evilly and let his hand fall.

The rouges surged towards us and Jason roughly shoved me behind the second line. He yelled for me to hide inside the house and I did just that. Normally, I would stay and fight but I can't hold my own with this many rouges fighting specifically for me. I would just put everyone in even more danger.

I darted through the door and started running to the basement, considering the fact that it held all the weapons, but an arm grabbed mine and pulled me back. I jerked my arm away and whipped my head around to see Connor my Cousin standing right in front of me.

I was about to start sprinting away when he said, "Come with me. Don't you want to know what you really are?"

I paused.

Oh DARN my curiosity. I hesitated, almost positive it was a trap, but even if it was, I decided it was worth it to take a chance. I had to know. Uuuuggghhhhh, I've already got a bad feeling about this. For a moment I considered throwing the pizza at him.

"Fine." I decided, "But one hesitation and my knife goes in your gut. Be warned,"

He gave me a sideways grin, and led me up the stairs. The stairs are a good place, I decided.

We walked to my room, odd choice, and once we were in he locked the door.

"Well?" I crossed my arms and glared expectantly.

"Our parents aren't human. None of them are," He began. I opened my mouth to object but he cut me off, "Our dads are werewolves. Yours was the beta of one of the strongest packs in North America. But there is this race of Hunters who are born to kill werewolves. They have heightened speed, heightened senses, and a killer instinct. Literally. A group of the best hunters was sent to eliminate his pack, and our mothers were leading it."

''She was a hunter?" I exclaimed. "Yeah, and I'm a lamp."

"She was," He insisted, "But when the time came for her to kill your father, she couldn't. They fell in love but sadly, she couldn't stop her fellow hunters from killing the rest of his pack members and your dad ended up being the only one left. Later your parents got married but the hunters hate werewolves and her parents, your grandparents, disowned her."

"Well that's rude," I commented. But it did explain why I had never actually met any of my grandparents.

"Then, you were born. Half werewolf, half Hunter," He finished.

I smiled, "Sweet! I'm like a cool blend of genes."

I like blended things! Smoothies, milkshakes...

"No, not sweet," Connor's annoying voice woke me from my daydream, "Werewolves hate hunters and hunters hate werewolves. Your pack won't trust you when they find out what you are," He said. "Which brings me to my proposition."

I quirked an eyebrow, "Which is?"

"Come with me."

I paused, "You're going to have to be a bit more specific."

"Come with me and my pack. I know you've wondered why I'd suddenly changed while we were friends. The answer is that I found out that I was half werewolf. My parents had never told me and around that time, changes started happening. I was freaking out, I didn't know what was wrong with me. The biggest changes were my mood swings, I got so uncontrollably angry and mad," He explained. His hands curled into fists, and his knuckles whitened, "It sucked you know."

"That's a lovely sob story but I'm not going with you," I informed him.

"But you will. You-"

Just then my phone started ringing.

"Hold that thought," I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and answered, "Helloooooo?"

"Omg, CASSIE! How are you? Are you busy?" My other cousin, June squealed. We were besties.

"Nope, just Chillin, what's up? How's dad number four?" I answered, earning a glare from Connor.

"Where are you? I coming over!" Her voice told me.

"Oh no, that's a bad idea," I warned her.

"BUT I HAVE TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING! Ok, I'm tracking your phone. Got the address, be right there!" She said and hung up. Oh come on! This is just what I needed.

"Arrrrgggghhhh," I groaned and slapped my forehead.

"As I was saying, you will come with me, or I'll let my wolves slaughter your friends," He continued.

"Psh, they can try," I responded.

"When they-"

"AAAHHHHH!" I screamed suddenly, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!"