Chapter 12

Pj and Phil arrive on Pj's dumpy motorbike to a local pub and park next to a hard-looking cat on a heavy bike. The biker looks over at them and chuckles a bit. "Nice bike." Pj's face lights up at the compliment. "Yeah? You think so?" The biker roars off without answering.

      Phil just sighs and pats Pj on the back. "Come on buddy let's just get this over with." They both get off the motorbike and make their way through the surly daily crew of people who's at the bar, who watch them in wonder. Phil looks around in a bit of amazement. "Wow. Is this what a bar looks like?" Meanwhile, Pj looks around disgusted. "Yeah... don't touch anything. You may get herpes." He looks around the room and points at Dan. "There he is." They head towards Dan, who is currently playing a game of pool by himself. As they pass another table, Pj picks up the eight ball, ruining the game-winning shot a tough guy is making and tosses it back onto the table without realizing what he's done. Dan glances at them then goes back to his game. "So what've you got for me?" "A little insight into a very complicated girl." Pj cuts off Phil and looks at Dan. "Just one question before we start: should you be drinking alcohol when you don't have a liver?" The question makes Dan slip and completely takes him by shock making him miss the ball. "What?!" "Nothing! Nothing!" Phil just rolls his events and continue. "Before I was interrupted," he glares at Pj. "First thing: Y/N hates smokers" Phil grabs the cigarette out of Dan's fingers and drops it on the floor. Dan looks at Phil unamused and not pleased. "You're telling me I'm a "non-smoker"? He said forcing himself to even say that. "Yeah. But just for now.". Pj added trying to lighten the mood. Phil cuts him off. "And there's another problem. Zoe said that Y/N likes -- pretty guys." This is met with silence. Dan slowly starts to walk towards Phil. "Are you telling me I'm not a pretty guy?" Pj jumps in front of Phil "He's very pretty! He's a gorgeous guy." "I wasn't sure. I didn't know." Pj facepalms. Phil pulls out an entire list of information. "Alright. Okay, Likes: (favorite food), (feminist/non), and "angry, girl music of the indie-rock persuasion"(So sorry if you're not into indie rock feel free to change it though!). Here's a list of songs that she has on her computer." He hands Dan the paper. "So I'm supposed to buy her some (favorite food) and a book and sit around listening to chicks who can't play their instruments, right?" Pj sighed and looked to the heavens thinking if this could be any less of failing so far. "Have you ever been to Club Skunk?" Phil nods towards him thanking him for bringing it up. "Her favorite band is playing there tomorrow night." Dan scoffs then smirks. "I can't be seen at Club Skunk, alright?" "But she'll be there. She's got tickets." "Just assail your ears for one night." "She has a pair of black underwear if that helps."Pj winks at him. "Couldn't hurt, right?"

*TIME SKIPPPPP CAUSE I'M LAAZZYYYYY*

       Dan walks down the hallway toward the stage and was eyed suspiciously by various girls in the hall. He enters looking around and spots Y/N dancing with B/F/N. He smirks and sits at the bar having the bartender step in front of him. "Howell! What are you doing here tonight?" On the other side of the bar, Y/N stops dancing and shouts to her friends. "I need water!" Her friend gives her a thumbs up and she heads for the bar. "Two glasses of water!" She shouted over the blasting music. She spots Dan watching her and looks disgusted. "If you're planning on asking me out again, you might as well just get it over with." you told him. Dan nods his head to the music pretending to be enjoying it. "Would you mind? You're kind of ruining this for me." "You're not surrounded by your usual cloud of smoke." "I know. I quit. Apparently, they're bad for you." "You did?" you asked too shocked to even be sarcastic. "You know, these guys are no Metallica or Green Day, but they're not bad." He stands and heads into the crowd. Stunned for a moment, you rush after him looking for an explanation. "You know who Green Day is?" "Why? Don't you? I was watching you out there before, you're not really bad." The song ends and there is a moment of silence in the club as he continues to use his loud-club-volume voice. Dan smirks. "I've never seen you look so sexy." The crowd hears him clearly and laughs. He chuckles with embarrassment. "Come to Ian's party with me." "You never give up, do you?" You shake your head and begin to walk away through the crowd. Dan yells over the crowd to her ."Was that a yes?" "No." You shout over your shoulder. "Well, was that a no?" "No." Dan smiles and shouts after you. "I'll see you at 9:30 then."