Chapter 22

Mark sits on the couch, watching an ad for the possibility to decrease your chance at balding. "Interesting..." You descend down the stairs in an elegant blue prom dress and heads for the door. "Bye, dad. I'm going to prom." Mark chuckles without looking up, thinking she's joking "Funny, sweetie."  You just shrug it off and shuts the door behind you. Zoe walks into the living room wearing a strapless silver prom dress. Mark glances up and does a double take, sees and immediately crosses to where she stands. "What's that?" "A prom dress." "I seem to be hearing that word a lot lately." The doorbell rings and Zoe opens it. There stands Phil in a tuxedo. He takes in Zoe's outfit shocked by her beauty and unable to catch his breath. Zoe smiles up at him shyly. "Hi." "Wow. I, um... wow." Zoe giggles and grabs Phil hand. "Bye, daddy." "Stop. Turn. Explain." She lets out a loud sigh and turns back around to face her father. "Okay. Remember how you said I could date if Y/N dated? Well, she found this guy who's actually kind of perfect for her. Which is actually kind of perfect for me, because Phil asked me to go to the prom, and I really really really wanna go. And since Y/N went, I guess I'm allowed to, based on the aforementioned rule, and it's previous stipulations, of course." Phil, who is finally out of his shock extends his hand to Mark with a smile. "Nice to meet you, sir, I promise to have your daugh-" Zoe grabs his hand from her dads and pulled him outside. "Let's go." They dash away down the walk. "I know every cop in town, bucko!" Mark closes the door and shakes his head "This is not good" he says to himself rubbing his face.

  *TIME SKIP TO THE PROM*

        A band that does not exactly suck by definition plays to a very responsive crowd. Y/N ascends the grand staircase and stops taking in the scene. Dan notices and comes up behind you. "Wow. So you know how to clean up like a lady" he states with a smirk. You roll your eyes with a smirk as you watch him up and down. "You too." He hands you a rose. "Where'd you get a tux at the last minute?" "Oh, just something I had. You know, lying around." "Oh..." "Where'd you get the dress?" "Oh, just something I had. You know, lying around." He smiles. You sigh and grab his hand. "Listen. I'm really sorry that I questioned your motives. I was wrong." Dan sighs. "You're forgiven." "Okay. Ready for the prom?" "Yes, ma'am."

        Caspar arrives in a tux and knocks on the door. He pulls out a compact mirror checking to make sure he looks perfect and winks at himself before licking his teeth and closes his mirror shoving it back in his pocket. Mark opens it. "Hi, Mr. L/N. I'm Caspar. I'm here to pick up Zoe." Mark gives him an icy glare in silence and then slams the door in his face without saying a word.