Chapter 16

*NEXT MORNING AT SCHOOL*

        Y/N enters Mr. Dawson's with her usual fight me face on. Derek, a druggie, makes fun of her for dancing at the party the night before. "Y/N, my lady, you sway to the rhythm of my heart". Bob, a cowboy wannabe, chimes in as she makes her way to her seat. "Dance for me, cowgirl." Caspar snickers also joining in on the fun. "Y/N, babe, what do we owe you for the table dance?" Y/N just rolled her eyes not even bothering to say something to them. Mr. Dawson stands in from of the class and claps his hands together. "Alright, not that I care, but how was everybody's weekend?" "Oh, I don't know. Maybe we should ask Y/N." Caspar said nodding his head towards you with a smirk on. "Unless she kicked the crap out of your dumb butt, I don't wanna hear about it. Okay, let's open up our books to page 73, sonnet 141. And listen up:" He quotes from Shakespeare's sonnet with a modern rapper lilt. "In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes. For they and thee a thousand errors note. But 'tis my heart loves what they despise, who in spite of view is pleas'd to dote." He mumbles something to himself about how my life gets to this or something along those lines. "Now, I know Shakespeare's a dead white guy. But he knows his shit, so we can overlook that. I want you all to write your own version of this Sonnet." The class groans in disapproval. Y/N raises her hand causing Mr. Dawson to make an annoyed groan about having to actually answer something. "Yes, Miss I-have-an-opinion-about-everything?" "Do you want this in iambic pentameter?" Mr. Dawson looked at her raising his eyebrows shocked making a little gasped. "You're not going to fight me on this?" Y/N shrugs. "No. I think it's a really good assignment." He still looks at her shock then starts laughing. "You're just messin' with me, aren't you?" "No. I'm really looking forward to writing it." He stops laughing. "Get out of my class." "What?" "Out. Get out!" She looks confused, slowly rises and leaves. Caspar waves at her as she leaves. "Thanks, Mr. D." "Shut up."

         (B/F/N) is at her locker, drawings of William Shakespeare place all over the door. Pj was just wandering the hall and starts walking up to her. "Hey. That's a cool picture. What's the collar for? Is it to keep him from licking his stitches?" He laughs at his own joke, then notices her lack of amusement. "Kidding. No, because I know you're a fan of Shakespeare." "More than a fan. We're connected." Pj lets out a whistle. "Okay then." She continues to ignore him looking through her notebooks for something. "Who could refrain that had the heart to love and in that heart..." "...courage to make love known?" (B/F/N) finishes the quote with him slowly closing the book. "Macbeth, right?" "Right." She said smiling, fully interested. "So, listen... I have this friend..."

         Phil sits next to Dan on the bleachers as they watch the girl soccer team practiced. Or preferably Y/N. "What'd you do to her?" "I didn't do anything. She would've been too drunk to remember even if I did." "But the plan was working." "What do you care? I thought you wanted out." "Yeah, well I did, but, uh, that was until she kissed me," Phil tells him blushing. Dan looks at him grinning. "Where?" "In the car after I dropped her home." Pj is jogging up to them from across the jogging track. As he crosses it, he is nearly run over by two joggers. "Sorry!" "Dweeb!" "Turd!" They yell after him. "I'm Sorry!" He sits with Dan and Phil. "Alright. I talked to her and I got the goods." "What did she say?" "Hates him with the fire of a thousand suns. That's a direct quote." "Thanks, Pj. That's very comforting of you." Dan sighs patting Pj's back. "We don't know. She could just need a day to cool off." Just as Phil says this a soccer ball flies past them from the field, barely missing their heads. They all look over, eyes wide, to see Y/N standing there glaring at them menacingly. Dan bits his tongue. "Maybe two."