Chapter 19

Y/N and Dan cheer, as they rush out of the building, for both the daring escape and the flash of skin. "Hey, hey, hey" Dan gently grabs Y/N's upper arm. "I can't thank you enough for helping me sneak out of detention. Very cool." "No problem." "I thought for sure I was busted when I was climbing out that window. So how did you keep him distracted?" They continued to just walk. "I dazzled him with my... wits." Dan raises an eyebrow. "So what's your excuse?" "For?" "Acting the way you do." Y/N sighed crossing her arms. "I don't like to do what people expect. Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own?" "So you disappoint them from the start and then you're covered, right?" "Something like that." Dan let's out a chuckle. "Then you screwed up" "How?" "You never disappointed me." There was a moment of silence. "Are you up for it?" "Up for what?" He motions to the sign for a paintball game. Y/N let's out biggest smile Dan have ever seen her smile. He grabs her hand and drags her through the entrance. They chase each other around and got covered in paint, having a good time of it. Eventually, they end up falling down into a stack of hay. "Hey," Dan says smiling down at Y/N." "Hey yourself." Y/N responded grabbing Dan by the back of his neck and pulling him into a kiss. Dan pulls away smiling as the buzzer went off indicating that the game was over. Dan and Y/N continue walking after the very memorable game, paint streaks still in their hair. "No. None of that stuff is true."Dan said laughing. "State trooper?" "Fallacy. "Uh, a dead guy in the parking lot?" "Rumor." "The duck?" "Hearsay. Joe Sugg's balls?" "Fact. But he deserved it. He tried to grope me in the lunch line." "Fair enough." "The accent?" "It's real. I lived in England until I was 10." "With the gang?" "Close. With my mum." "Where were you last year? I know the porn career's a lie." Dan stopped walking and looked her straight in the eyes. "Do you?" They pause for a moment, then start laughing. "Tell me something true." "Something true? I hate peas." "No. Something real. Something no one else knows." "Okay. You're sweet. And sexy. And completely hot for me." He said pulling her into another kiss. "You're amazingly self-assured. Has anyone ever told you that?" They walk up the steps to Y/N front door. "I tell myself that every day, actually." He kisses her. "Go to the prom with me." "Is that a request or a command?" "C' mon, go with me." "No." Dan pulls away shocked. "No? Why not?" "No, I won't go with you" "Why not?" "Because I don't want to. It's a stupid tradition." "C' mon. People won't expect you to go." Y/N turns to him, getting angry. "Why are you pushing this? Is there something in it for you?" "Oh, so I need to have a motive to want to be with you?" "You tell me." Y/N crosses her arms. "You need therapy, you know that? Has anyone ever told you that?" Y/N bites the inside of her cheek getting suspicious and a little hurt. "Answer the question, Dan." Dan punches the door. "Nothing! There is nothing in it for me. Just the pleasure of your company, okay?" Dan takes out a cigarette, but Y/N grabs it and throws it away in the bush before she storms off and slams the door to the house.