Chapter 21

Zoe is lying on her bed watching Celebrity Big Brother. Someone knocks on her door. "Come in," she says in a very annoyed tone. Y/N peeks her head around the door and comes in closing it behind her. "Zoe, listen I know.." She stops realizing Zoe isn't listening to her and turns off the tv. "Listen, I know you hate having to sit home because I'm not little miss popular." Zoe scoffs, "as if you care." "I do care. But I'm a firm believer in doing something for your own reasons and not someone else's." "Well, I wish I had that luxury. You know, I'm the only sophomore that got asked to the prom and I can't go, because you don't feel like it." Y/N sighs. "Caspar never told you that we went out, did he?" Zoe rolls her eyes thinking she's lying. "Yeah, okay." "In 9th. For like a month." Zoe looks up at her hearing the seriousness in her voice. "Why?" "Because he was, like, such a babe!" Y/N says in a mocking voice. "But you hate Caspar." "Now I do." "So what happened?" Y/N indicates with a nod and a raised eyebrow that they went all the way. "Oh! Please tell me you're joking." "Just once, right after mom left. Everyone was doing it, so... I did it. Afterward, I told him I didn't want to anymore because I wasn't ready and he got pissed and dumped me, "Zoe stares at her, dumbfounded. "After that, I swore I'd never do anything just because "everyone else" was doing it. And I haven't since. With the exception of Ian's party and my stunning digestive pyrotechnics." Zoe too shocked to even get her words out. "How is it possible that I did not know about this?" "I warned him that if he told anyone, the cheerleading squad would find out how small his dick is." "Okay. So why didn't you tell me?" Y/N shrugs. "I wanted to let you make up your own mind about him." Zoe bites the inside of her cheek getting upset. "Then why did you help Daddy hold me hostage?" She slowly gets up from the bed. "It's not like I'm stupid enough to repeat your mistakes." "I guess I thought I was protecting you." "By not letting me experience anything for myself?!" "Not all experiences are good, Zoe. You can't always trust the people you want to." "Well, I guess I'll never know, will I?" She walks to the door opening it and pushing Y/N out slamming the door behind her. Later that day, Y/N is lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. She rolls over and looks out the window. Zoe is looking pitiful in a tire swing. Y/N sighs and grabs her car keys walking out her room.