Chapter 13

Zoe and Louise are dressed up in party clothes and are attempting to sneak down the stairs and out the door. Mark was reading the paper, facing the opposite direction from the door. "You should have used the window." He said turning the page. Zoe curses under her breathe and pretends everything is normal. "Hi, Daddy." Mark turns around in the spiny office chair. "Hi. Where are we going?" "Well, if you must know, a small study group of friends." "Otherwise known as an orgy?" Louise jumped in. "Mr. L/N, it's just a party." "And Hell is just a sauna." Y/N comes walking down the stairs, oblivious of what's going on. Mark directs his attention towards her. "You know about any party?" She shrugs and shakes her head. "People expect me to be there!" "If Y/N's not going, you're not going." Zoe turns to Y/N. "Why can't you be normal?" Y/N crosses her arms. "Define normal." "Ian's party is normal." Mark looks confused. "Whos Ian?" "Ian's party is just a lame excuse for all the idiots at our school to drink beer and rub up against each other in hopes of distracting themselves from the pathetic emptiness of their-" " their meaningless, consumer-driven lives." Zoe and Louise say finishing her rant. Y/N stops short, surprised she's become so predictable. Zoe turns back to Y/N. "Can you, for just one night, forget that you're completely wretched and be my sister? Please? Please?! C'mon, Y/N, please do this for me. I never asked you for anything before." Y/N sighs finally being persuaded by her little sister. "Fine. I'll make an appearance." Zoe and Louise look at each other, thrilled, and burst into gleeful screams, hugging Y/N from either side. Mark sighs leaning against a table. "It's starting." Zoe looks at Mark. "It's just a party daddy." Mark looks dazed. "I want you to wear the belly." Zoe gasps. "Daddy, no!" "Not all night. Just around the living room for a minute so you can understand the full weight of your decisions." He rushes to a cupboard and pulls out a padded faux- pregnancy jacket. Zoe limply holds out her arms in defeat. He hangs it on her. "I am perfectly aware..." "Listen to me. Every time you even think about kissing a boy, I want you to picture wearing this under your halter top." "You are so completely unbalanced." "That's my job as a dad." "We're going now." Y/N said grabbing her keys. Mark looks at Y/N. "Alright, wait a minute. No drinking. No drugs. No kissing. No tattoos. No piercings. No ritual animal slaughter of any kind." Mark stops and mumbles to himself looking distressed. "Oh god, I'm giving them ideas..." Y/N rolls her eyes and opens the door only to be surprised that there stands Dan. "What are you doing here?" "Nine-thirty right?" Dan said looking at his phone. Y/N's to even comprehend this. Dan looks at her smiling. "I'm early." Y/N recover her shock. "Whatever. I'm driving." She states pushing him out of the way. Zoe and Louise follow. "Who laid your sister?" He asks closing the door. Mark watches his daughters leave and sits down leaning back in the chair. "Why must have I had two daughters?"