⇲Chapter Two

It seemed all of the time had come to a standstill as Zakari stood in place with the envelope trembling in his hands

It seemed all of the time had come to a standstill as Zakari stood in place with the envelope trembling in his hands. For a few seconds, he wondered if he had entered a daydream of sorts, or maybe he had never gotten out of bed that morning. Maybe he was still asleep and it would be the painful reality that none of what he was experiencing at the time was real. It wouldn't have come as such a disbelief if Zakari hadn't already worked in his mind into a frenzy about what would happen when the time of his anticipated rejection came. However, after taking several deep breaths, he finally brought himself to tear into the top of the envelope to pull out the letter inside.

Everything came down to that moment after so many times he had been told not to give his hopes up or not to be disappointed if he didn't get his letter. He knew that when his mother and grandfather told him such things, they told him because they cared, not to discourage him. They honestly always wanted the best for him, but there were cases in life that worked against people and Zakari couldn't be protected from everything. Fortunately, it was one of those instances where he didn't have to suffer through the "what if" of not getting his letter. As he pulled out the piece of parchment that was addressed to him, bringing about a large grin on his face.

He paid no mind to the adults that seemed to be having a discussion around him, as his eyes glossed over every bit that was written down. Every so often a jolt of excitement raced through his body causing his fingers to twitch, and little noises emitted from his lips as he felt the vibrations tickle up his throat.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Even the heading of the letter was something to squeal over, although Zakari kept that to a minimum, not wanting to scare everyone around him. Instead, he peered up in the direction of his mother, holding up the letter as proof that it was real, that it was really happening. His excitement got the best of him as he didn't even notice the worried and nervous expression that plagued Liz's face. She was practically chewing on her thumbnail as she stood before Dumbledore and the other man. But they didn't seem to share her nerves, in fact, the two men were smiling as they noted Zakari's reaction to his letter. Most children that grew up in magical homes didn't share in as much excitement as they usually anticipated their letter.

Going back to the letter, Zakari's gaze trailed down to the part that was addressed to him, reading it to himself.

Dear Mr. Ollivander,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.