Chapter Thirty Four

Zakari waited for Harry to respond to what he had told Harry about the feeling in the walls.

He waited.

And waited.

Waited just a little bit more, before dropping his hands to his side. He liked to think that Harry wasn't as dense as he appeared in some situations, but Zakari put the blame on himself for not being all that clear and the barrier in the middle of their communication. But as Harry just stood there, staring at him with a blank expression, Zakari let out a heavy sigh.

It was difficult to describe even if he was using sign language, and in his head, it sounded just as crazy if he had said it out loud. The fact was it seemed that Zakari was the only one who could sense the vibrations besides Duncan. All throughout his life, he had been sensitive to vibrations, all from the time he had spent picking up on the vibrations to enjoy the music his mother played in the flat. 

Unable to figure out what caused the vibrations and unable to describe what he meant, the two boys were left in complete silence for a few minutes. Zakari's gaze fell back on Franklin' still state and felt his lower lip tremble before he looked away.

Harry stared at Zakari, confused by what Zakari meant by feeling the wall. Sure it was cold, but there was nothing happening that made sense to the poor boy. Zakari appeared just as frustrated that he didn't understand, which made Harry feel even worse.

The boy rubbed at his face before placing his hand against the wall. "Feel," Harry repeated to himself as Zakari sat down on Franklin's bed quietly.

"Feel...feel what?"

He looked back to Zakari who glanced up at him. "Feel what? What do you want me to feel?" Harry asked him.

The Slytherin boy looked to the wall and then to Harry's hand before grabbing his hand. Harry remained still and gave him full control. Zakari began to shake his hand slightly as if it was a tremor racing through his fingers. He waited patiently before Zakari pressed his hand against the wall and continud to shake it to give him the same feeling he felt.

Harry still did not make the connection and Zakari was just overwhelmed with the day's events that he finally lost his patience and walked away from Harry leaving the Hospital Wing completely.

He left the Hospital Wing and as soon as he had reached the last step, the child collapsed in tears. He didn't have Franklin who had been his connection and his bridge when it came to communicating with people without as many issues. Feeling terrible for Franklin, he could just see by the man's face that he looked terrified of whatever caused him to become petrified. 

Angry tears streamed down his face because he felt completely useless in that moment because he wasn't able to describe what he wanted to for Harry and he couldn't help Franklin.  He could hardly perform magic, which made him feel even more useless and Zakari was just questioning why he was even bothering to stay at the school.

He didn't belong there at all. He could see what his mother feared about him attending. He wasn't like the other students and while he didn't have a problem with being different at home, in the comfort of his parents and his grandfather.  But being in a school with so many people, many of them ready to judge anyone who was different, he hated feeling like such an outsider when all he wanted to do was fit in and have friends.

But Zakari figured he didn't have to worry about it much longer, because once his mother received word of Franklin being petrified, she was going to have him removed from the school. Wiping the tears away from his face using the sleeve of his robes, Zakari picked himself up from the step and left back to the Slytherin dorms.

He was going to write a letter to his mother first, hoping to be the one to tell his parents first of Franklin's state.

It didn't take him long to write the letter and with Duncan by his side, a little while later he headed to the Owlery to send it off. However, upon his arrival, he was surprised to see a letter already waiting for him.

The letter was addressed to him from his parents, he recognized his mother's handwriting as he opened up the letter.

Dear Zakari,

I hope this part of the term is treating you better than the beginning, certainly hoping the stress is a great deal less.

Zackari felt his throat tighten as a lump developed.

I'm writing to you with a small surprise that I think you will enjoy, considering it involves one of your favorite people.

The boy read on with a curious look, wondering what his mother was getting at.

Ringo stopped by the evening before and he's doing very well in his Auror training, but he wanted me to tell you that he will be available during the summer and he wanted to help you with your magic development if you wanted it.

Zakari's face lit up at the mention of Ringo. He missed the boy quite a bit since he and his girlfriend had entered their Auror training. It was known to be very extensive and intense, which took up the majority of their time making it difficult for them to visit them boy often. Just to hear that Ringo would be able to spend time with him, made Zakari excited. He loved Ringo like he was his older brother.

But Ringo was very strong with his magic, able to perform wandless magic from a young age, Zakari wasn't sure how much Ringo could help him.

Although, he was willing to try and give it a go. Especially if it was Ringo teaching him. But he wasn't sure how happy his mother was going to be once he sent the letter he held in his hands.